The offer of university master's degrees is a commitment to internationalisation, collaboration with other universities and meetings with the business sector. These postgraduate programmes are aimed at developing the most appropriate skills for the chosen professional future.
The University of Oviedo, through the International Postgraduate Centre, has made an important commitment to internationalisation and business collaboration in its offer of university master's degrees. These postgraduate programmes generally have a minimum duration of one full-time academic year (60 ECTS credits) and a maximum duration of two academic years (120 ECTS credits). The studies conclude with the preparation and defence of the master's thesis.
The University of Oviedo offers a wide range of university master's degrees:
The University of Oviedo's University Master's Degree studies are organised into 60 official qualifications that cover the five branches of knowledge and are adapted to the European Higher Education Area.
- International Masters. The University of Oviedo has agreements with 23 universities in more than 11 countries, and partners in third countries. Among the international degrees there are 5 Erasmus Mundus Masters and another 10 international ones with double degree agreements with the universities of Pau, Clermont-Ferrand, Hochschule Karlsruhe, Silesia, Bologna, Western New Mexico (USA) and Monterrey (Mexico).
- Interuniversity Master's Degrees. The University of Oviedo offers 7 programmes in collaboration with 21 Spanish universities, to which must be added 14 that participate in the Master in Theoretical Chemistry and Computational Modelling.
- Academic-professional Masters. These degrees are characterised by offering a training model oriented towards professional practice, which is why the more than 250 entities that collaborate in the teaching offer internships to students and co-supervise final master's degree projects.
- 8 double degrees: The University of Oviedo offers the following double master's degrees: Business Administration and Management, Environmental and Health Biotechnology, Analytical and Bioanalytical Sciences, Teacher Training for Compulsory Secondary Education, Baccalaureate and Vocational Training, History and Sociocultural Analysis, Spanish Language and Linguistics, Mechatronics Engineering and Occupational Risk Prevention.
- Bilingual teaching: The academic institution offers 19 university master's degrees, which require a B1 level of English. Eight of these programmes are taught entirely in English.
- Erasmus Mundus Masters: The University of Oviedo coordinates the Erasmus Mundus Master Degrees in Emergency and Critical Care Nursing; Public Health in Disasters; Sustainable Transport and Electrical Power Systems and Mechatronic Engineering. Each of these four degrees is managed by a consortium that includes other European universities, as well as companies and institutions.
Objectives of the university master's degrees
The objectives of the university master's degrees have been defined consdiering the guidelines of Royal Decree 1393/2007 of 29 October 2007. 1393/2007, of 29 October, in a manner consistent with fundamental rights and equality between men and women (in accordance with the provisions of Law 3/2007, of 22 March, for the effective equality of women and men), with the principles of equal opportunities and universal accessibility for people with disabilities (in accordance with the provisions of Law 51/2003, of 2 December, on equal opportunities, non-discrimination and universal accessibility for people with disabilities), as well as the values of a culture of peace and democratic values (as set out in Law 27/2005, of 30 November, on the promotion of education and a culture of peace).
In all of them, the aim is for the graduate to have a correct knowledge of fundamental rights, equality between men and women, as well as the principles of equal opportunities and universal accessibility for people with disabilities.
- Historic Building. Plaza de Riego s/n 33003 - Oviedoo
- 985 10 49 04