ERASMUS +KA107 is a programme for the mobility of individuals for learning purposes. This programme aims to strengthen institutional relations between universities and explore new opportunities for cooperation.
The KA107 Action is a great opportunity to raise the profile of partners and increase cooperation with new geographical areas, especially in those that the University of Oviedo has as priority areas.
The programme aims to broaden the training and knowledge of the participants as well as to foster the exchange of skills and experiences between the participating countries.
Object of the call:
Call for the award of direct grants for international mobility at the University of Oviedo, in the framework of the Erasmus +KA107 programme "Mobility of students and staff between programme and partner countries" aimed at Incoming students to pursue bachelor, master or doctoral studies and incoming staff (lecturers and managers), during the academic year 2022/2023.
Characteristics of mobilities for students and staff:
- The mobilities for undergraduate and postgraduate studies will be aimed at taking subjects of degrees taught at the University of Oviedo.
- In the case of doctoral studies, the purpose of the mobility will be to carry out research tasks, according to the work plan or research tasks agreed with the thesis supervisor.
- For teaching and management staff, teaching, and training mobilities are offered.
- • The home institutions of the beneficiaries of this call can be consulted in Annex I (students) and Annex II (staff).
Requirements for applicants:
- Be a citizen of one of the countries listed in the annexes of this call.
- Have knowledge of Spanish or the linguistic competence in English language required in the section "Criteria for the award of the grant".
- In the case of students, be enrolled at their home institution at the time of application and during the stay.
- In the case of teaching and research staff or administrative and service staff, be in active service at the sending institution and have academic permission from the sending institution.
Duration of mobility stays:
- In the case of study mobility, stays shall have a minimum duration of 3 months and a maximum duration of 5 months per training cycle (bachelor, master or doctorate). The maximum funding of the stay will be 5 months.
- In the case of teaching mobilities, the maximum duration of the stay will be 5 days, plus 2 travel days. The activity must include at least 8 hours of teaching per week. The mobilities can be carried out until 31 July 2023.
- In the case of training mobilities, the maximum duration of the stay will be 5 days plus 2 days of travel. The mobilities can be carried out until 31 July 2023.
Amount of grants:
- The amount of direct grants will be as set out in Annex I. Section 2 of the grant agreement signed by the University of Oviedo and the Spanish Service for the Internationalisation of Education (SEPIE).
- According to what is established in the Erasmus+ Programme Guide, the selected participants will receive the grants corresponding to the following concepts:
- Individual grant to students: 850€ per month.
- Individual grant to staff members: 160 € per day.
Distance in kilómeters
Distance in kilometres Amount to be received
Between 10 and 99 km
20 € per participant
From 100 to 499 km
180 € per participant
Between 500 and 1999 km
275 € per participant
From 2000 to 2999 km
360 € per participant
Between 3000 and 3999 km
530 € per participant
Between 4000 and 7999 km
820 € per participant
8000 or more km
1.500 € per participant
- Support for contribution to travel expenses based on the distance between the home organisation and the host organisation, as indicated below:
Note: the "distance in kilometres" represents the distance between the place of origin and the place of implementation of the activity, while "amount to be received" covers the contribution both for the outward journey to the place of implementation of the activity and for the return journey.
- In the case of study mobility, the maximum funding of the stay is 5 months.
Erasmus+ mobilities for students:
Applicants will be ranked in order of priority taking into account the following criteria:
- Academic record (70%).
- Knowledge of the language required to apply for the mobility (Spanish or English, depending on the studies you are applying for) (30%).
The official certificate of language proficiency will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Level A1: 1 point.
- Level A2: 2.5 points.
- Level B1: 7 points.
- Level B2: 8 points.
- Level C1: 9 points.
- Level C2: 10 points.
The assessment committee may consider language accreditation by means other than an official certificate. If the applicant is a native speaker of the language required for mobility, he/she will be assessed with level of knowledge C2.
Form, documentation and deadline for submission, processing, and pre-selection of applications
Applications will be made by telematic procedure at the following address of the platform https://sies.uniovi.es/pae through which applicants will opt for the mobilities of the programme.
On this platform there will be a form to which the following documents must be added, if necessary:
- Valid international passport.
- Medical insurance.
- Study contract.
- Language accreditation
- Motivation letter.
- Academic certification
- University degree certificate Postgraduate, doctorate.
- In the case of doctoral students, summary of their doctoral thesis and research proposal to be carried out during their stay and letter of pre-acceptance at the University of Oviedo.
- In the case of teaching or management staff, in addition to the above documents, the following must be provided:
- Certificate of contractual status with the home university.
- Teaching programme accepted by the University of Oviedo, in the case of teaching mobility.
- Letter of invitation from the University of Oviedo.
The submission, processing and pre-selection of applications will be carried out through https://sies.uniovi.es/pae both by the interested parties and by the home universities from 1 June to 30 June 2022.
In the event of vacancies, a new period will be opened in November 2022 for stays in the second semester of the academic year 2022/2023.
Each of the participating universities will pre-select their students and staff and will upload the result of the pre-selection for each applicant on the platform and will also send the University of Oviedo a report with the result of the pre-selection also through the platform https://sies.uniovi.es/pae.
The final selection of participants and list of substitutes will be determined by the assessment committee of the University of Oviedo, respecting the order of priority indicated in the minutes sent by each of the participating universities via the platform.
The final selection will be communicated to the participating universities and applicants through https://sies.uniovi.es/pae.
Acceptances and waivers
The beneficiaries of the grants will have a period of 10 days from the day after the publication of the award to indicate, via the platform https://sies.uniovi.es/pae their acceptance or waiver. If no acceptance is received within the period indicated, it will be understood that the beneficiary renounces the mobility granted, proceeding to its archiving, and notifying the next on the list.
Payment of grants
The Erasmus+ mobility grant will be paid to the beneficiary by bank transfer to the account indicated by the beneficiaries in the bank details form of third party creditors of the University of Oviedo, in two instalments: a first instalment for 70% of the total amount, once it has been registered at the International Office of the University of Oviedo. The rest (30%) will be paid by bank transfer when you go to the International Office to pick up the Certificate of Stay that justifies the mobility and when it has been verified that you have filled in the EU Survey questionnaire, which is essential to receive the second payment of the grant.
The Erasmus+ KA107 mobility grant will be paid to the beneficiary in a single instalment at the start of the stay once the grant agreement has been signed by both parties. In addition, the participant must complete and send the EU Survey online within 30 calendar days after receiving the invitation to complete the questionnaire, which is essential for receiving the grant.