The university programme for seniors opens a space for meeting and participation, aimed at a sector of the population that is eager to broaden its knowledge and is over 50 years of age.
The University of Oviedo has developed a training programme with a specific offer with contents of interest for this sector of society. The programme has a duration of five academic years and consists of a compulsory part, made up of common subjects for all students, an optional part in the form of workshops and which caters for the more specific interests of each student, and a free choice offer within the framework of the cultural activity developed by the University. PUMUO has branches in Oviedo, Gijón, Avilés, Mieres, and Luarca.
The programme's teaching subjects are grouped around four thematic blocks: Humanities; Legal and Social Sciences, Health and Life Sciences and Science and Technology.
- To provide a general university education.
- To encourage a taste for knowledge and culture.
- To acquire skills and abilities that allow a better adaptation to the changes in today's society.
- To encourage associationism and to awaken attitudes of solidarity.
- To provide resources to improve the quality of life.
- To train for active and recreational leisure.
- Website of the University Programme for Older Adults of the University of Oviedo
- Appointment Request University Extension Service
- Instruction of the Vice-Chancellor of University Extension and Cultural Projection, dated 7 April 2022, establishing criteria for the training offer of the University Programme for Older Adults (PUMUO).
- Resolution of the Rector of the University of Oviedo, establishing the regulations governing the Programme for Older Adults (PUMUO) in the academic year 2023-2024