The different language courses favour the comprehensive education of students and the internationalisation of the University of Oviedo, with Spanish courses for foreigners and language training programmes for teachers.
The House of Languages provides non-regulated instrumental language teaching at the University of Oviedo and thus supports its internationalisation objectives. It offers courses in some fifteen languages, as well as courses in Spanish for foreigners and language training courses for university teachers. The languages taught are: Arabic, Asturian, Catalan, Chinese, English, French, German, Modern Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Spanish Sign Language, Portuguese, Russian and Ukrainian.
Language training also includes a wide range of courses adapted to the needs of university students and society in general. In addition to the general language courses, the University of Oviedo has an attractive programme of Spanish courses for foreigners, which each year brings around a thousand young people from different countries to Asturias.
Intensive courses, aimed at both teaching and administrative staff of the university, and those offered for external institutions and workshops for PUMUO reinforce the educational offer. In addition, the House of Languages is an accredited centre for the official English IELTS, French DELF-DALF, German Goethe and Italian PLIDA exams.
La Casa de las Lenguas
La Casa de las Lenguas is a centre dedicated to the non-regulated teaching of languages, as well as to supporting research and the internationalisation of the University of Oviedo. Its Spanish for Foreigners section receives more than a thousand international students every year.
Located in the Humanities Campus, in Oviedo, and conceived as a transversal structure between faculties and schools, La Casa de las Lenguas satisfies a wide social demand in matters related to the learning of other languages, offers translation services, as well as linguistic advice and specialised language courses for institutions and companies.
Among the different courses and activities carried out, the following stand out:
- Spanish courses for foreigners: Spanish language and culture, intensive courses for exchange students, organisation of cultural activities, etc.
- General language courses: German, Arabic, Asturian, Catalan, Chinese, French, Modern Greek, Hebrew, English, Italian, Japanese, Spanish sign language, Portuguese, Russian and Ukrainian.
- Language activities under international agreements: Erasmus language tests, tandem programme, official German TestDaf, Italian PLIDA, Portuguese CAPLE, French DELF-DALF and official English IELTS tests.
- Intensive language courses for teaching and research staff, administration and services staff and external institutions.
- Coming soon: Translation and language consultancy services.
In its main building it has a Language Club which serves as a meeting centre for students, a reading room for national and foreign press and a venue for film sessions, computer-based courses, talks and workshops.
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Campus de El Milán, C/ Amparo Pedregal, Oviedo, 33011.
- Telephone: +34 985 10 96 64, + 34 985 10 96 66
- Fax: +34 985 10 96 65
- Web: http://lacasadelaslenguas.uniovi.es/