Various scholarships and grants are available to university students to support their studies. The catalogue is extensive and ranges from tuition fees to materials, travel, residence,or national and international mobility.
In addition to the call for general and mobility grants from the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training, which includes grants for enrolment, materials, travel, residence or final degree project, the University of Oviedo allocates an important part of its budget to grants and student aid.
This programme of the academic institution represents one of the instruments that contribute to making possible the principle of equal opportunities in the exercise of the right to education as set out in the Constitution. The objectives of the programme are as follows:
- To guarantee access to university education to all those students who lack the necessary economic resources and/or meet certain academic requirements.
- To facilitate access to university education and the development of their studies under equal conditions for students with disabilities.
- To provide financial support to students with urgent financial difficulties due to personal/family circumstances arising after the start of the academic year.
- To complete the training of students by offering scholarships for collaboration in different university services and internships in companies and institutions that facilitate their incorporation into the world of work at the end of their studies.
- tOncourage student participation in different university areas.
Both the national programmes and the University of Oviedo's own programmes include grants for bachelor's degrees, university master's degrees, doctorates, and its own degrees. In addition, some specific calls for applications aim to encourage sport and academic excellence.
The University of Oviedo also has a specific programme of collaboration grants for students to combine their studies with service in vice-rectorates, centres, departments, institutes, and university services.
Scholarships and grants for university master's degrees play an important social role, as lack of resources does not prevent students from continuing their education at the postgraduate stage. Students have access to enrolment grants, mobility grants and loans from the Ministry of Education, as well as a wide range of grants from different foundations.