Double Degree in Mathematics and Physics
The duration of the Double Degree in Mathematics and Physics is of 5 years. The minimum number of credits needed to obtain both Degrees is 345 ECTS credits
Teaching Languages: Spanish
Distribution and Credits:
- Basic Formation: 60
- Compulsory Subjects: 249
- Optional: 12
- Undergraduate Thesis: 24
- Subjects, schedules, lecturers, teaching guides and competences of the Degree
- We help you with your procedures
- Students with specific needs
- Recognition of credits
- Permanence regulations
- Link to the RUCT
- Official Documentation of the Degree
- Composition of the Quality Committee
- Summary of the System of internal quality assurance
- Documentation of the System of internal quality assurance
- Verification, monitoring and certification reports
- Annual monitoring report, performance markers and results of the General Teaching Survey (RED)
Access and Career Opportunities
Profile of the New Student
- Recommended high school modality with a passing mark on the PAU exam: Scientific-Technical.
- Recommended Superior Grade Formative Course: Administration and finances, Administration of networked computer systems, Energectic efficiency and thermal solar energy.
- University Access Examination for people Older than 25, 40 or 45.
- University degree.
Students who want to enrol in the Double Degree in Mathematics and Physics are encourage to display a curiosity for Science, a solid base in mathematics, statistics and calculus, capacity for logical thinking, analysis, problem-solving, abstract comprehension and numerical dexterity.
The Graduate will be able to solve problems applied to such fields as cryptography, data analysis, modelization, espatial and aeronautical technology, ICT, electronics, acoustics, magnetism, energy production, atmospheric sciences, radiological protection, defense, metrology and calibration, geodisic and prospection, etc.
- Research and Teaching.
- Information and Communications.
- Industry, Energy, Banking and Finances.
- Consultancy and project management.
- Market prospection and risk analysis.
- Public Administration and Healthcare: Hospital radiophysics – FIR, Medical Physics.
Premises and Services
The Faculty of Sciences has classrooms with computers for the use of both teachers and students, several laboratories for experimental practices, canteen, study room and Graduate hall. Furthermore, it has a library, two study rooms and an assembly of student delegates.
Mobility and international relations
The Faculty holds ERASMUS agreements with the universities of Vienna (Austria), Tubinga and Clausthal (Germany), Paris and Grenoble (France), L'Aquila, Trieste, Naples and Salerno (Italy), as well as an international agreement with the University of Virginia (USA).
There are also SICUE/SÉNECA agreements with several Spanish universities.
Internships, employment and tutorial action program
Students may request internships at the Central University Hospital of Asturias, the Fernández-Vega Ophtalmological Institute, Ingenieros Asesores S.A., the CERN, and the State Meteorological Agency (AEMET). The employment service of the University of Oviedo is also at their disposal.
Characteristics of the Center