Programme for Mature Students PUMUO
The Programme for Mature Students of the University of Oviedo (PUMUO) opens up a sphere for encounters and participation aimed at the members of the population older than 50 who have free time and are eager to broaden their knowledge.
The University of Oviedo has developed an education programme aimed at people over 50, which consists of a specific offer including course matter of interest to this sector of society. With two hundred students in each year, the programme is five academic years in length. It consists of a mandatory part, formed by a core curriculum for all students, an optional part, in the form of workshops addressing students' specific interests, and a free-choice offer within the framework of the University's cultural activity. The University of Oviedo's Programme for Mature Students (PUMUO) is has centres in Oviedo, Gijón and Avilés.
The subjects offered in the programme belong to four different thematic groups: Humanities; Legal and Social Sciences; Health and Life Sciences, and Science and Technology.
- To provide a general university education
- To encourage a love of knowledge and culture
- To acquire skills and abilities that enable students to better adapt to today's rapidly changing society.
- To promote the creation of associations and raise solidarity awareness.
- To provide resources to improve quality of life.
- To educate for active leisure and recreation.
- Resolución de 22 de junio de 2016, del Rectorado de la Universidad de Oviedo, por la que se establece la normativa reguladora del programa para mayores (PUMUO) en el curso 2016-2017