KA-107 Erasmus + Mobility (2021-2022)
ERASMUS + KA1 (2019-22) MOBILITY OF PERSONS FOR LEARNING PURPOSES
Student and Staff Mobility between programme countries and partner countries (KA107)
The Erasmus+ KA1 - Mobility of persons for learning purposes - Action: Student and Staff Mobility between programme countries and partner countries (KA107) aims at consolidating the institutional relations between the participating universities and to explore new possibilities for cooperation.
Action KA107 will be a great opportunity to raise the partners' profile and increase the cooperation in new geographical areas, especially in those regions considered as a priority by the University of Oviedo.
The Scholarships offered by the University of Oviedo cover all the thematic fields of the call.
The project goal is to expand the training and knowledge of the participants as well as to foster the exchange of skills and experiences between the participating countries. Students must return to their countries of origin once the mobility period has concluded in order to put into practice the knowledge acquired and promote the transfer of skills and intercultural liaisons.
Aim of the call:
Call for applications for direct grants for international mobility at the University of Oviedo, under the Erasmus +KA107 programme "Mobility of students and staff between programme and partner countries" aimed at Incoming students for Bachelor's, Master's or PhD studies and incoming staff (teachers and managers), during the academic year 2021-22
Features of the mobility for incoming students and staff:
- Mobility for undergraduate and postgraduate studies will be aimed at those studying degree subjects taught at the University of Oviedo.
- In the case of PhD studies, mobility will be aimed at those doing research tasks in keeping with the study plan or the research tasks agreed upon with their thesis supervisor.
- Teachers and administrative staff may apply for teaching and training mobility grants
- Applicants´home institutions are listed in Appendix I (for students) and Appendix II (for staff).
Requirements for applicants:
- Each applicant must be a citizen of any of the countries listed in the Annexes to this call for applicants.
- They must have knowledge of Spanish or the English language proficiency required, as given in section "Award criteria for the grant".
- Undergraduates and graduate students need to be enrolled in their home institution at the time of making the application and throughout their stay.
- In the case of teaching and research staff or administration and services staff, they must be actively working at their home institution and have academic permission from that institution
Duration of mobility periods:
- For study mobilities, minimum duration will be 3 months, with a maximum of 5 months per type of qualification (bachelor's, master's or PhDs). The maximum grant for the stay will be 5 months.
- For teaching mobilities, the maximum duration of the stay will be 5 days, plus 2 travel days. It must include at least 8 hours of teaching per week. Mobilities can take place up until 31 July 2022.
- For training mobilities, the maximum duration of the stay will be 5 days, plus 2 travel days. Mobilities can take place up until 31 July 2022
Sum of the grants:
- The amount awarded for the direct grant will be as set out in Annex I. Section 2 of the grant agreement signed by the University of Oviedo and the Spanish Service for the Internationalisation of Education (SEPIE).
- In accordance with what is stipulated in the Erasmus+ Programme Guide, the selected participants will receive the corresponding grants as follows:
- Individual grant for students: €850 per month.
- Individual grant for staff members: 160€ per day
- Grants for travel expenses based on the distance between the sending organisation and the receiving organisation are as indicated below:
|Distance in kilometres||Amount to be received|
|Between 10 and 99 km||€20 per participant|
|Between 100 and 499 km||€180 per participant|
|Between 500 and 1,999 km||€275 per participant|
|Between 2,000 and 2,999 km||€360 per participant|
|Between 3,000 and 3,999 km||€530 per participant|
|Between 4,000 and 7,999 km||€820 per participant|
|8,000 km or more||€1,500 per participant|
Note: the "distance in kilometres" represents the distance between the sending institution and the one where the activity is to be carried out, while the "amount to be received" covers the contribution towards both the outbound journey to the place where the activity is to be carried out and the return journey.
- In the case of mobility for study, the maximum funding for the stay will be for 5 months.
Award criteria for the grant
Erasmus+ Mobility for students:
An order of priority for applicants will be established taking into account the following criteria:
- Academic record (70%).
- Knowledge of the language required to apply for mobility (Spanish or English, depending on the studies the applicant wishes to do) (30%).
The official certificate providing accreditation of the knowledge of the language will be scored according to the following scale:
- Knowledge level A1: 1 pointo
- Knowledge level A2: 2.5 points
- Knowledge level B1: 7 points
- Knowledge level B2: 8 points
- Knowledge level C1: 9 points
- Knowledge level C2: 10 points
The assessment committee may take into account language accreditation other than the official certificate. Should the applicant be a native speaker of the language required to apply for mobility, that will be scored as knowledge level C2.
Process, documentation and deadline for submitting, processing and pre-selection of applications
Applications must be made online via the website https://ka107.em.uniovi.es where applicants can apply for the mobility programme.
On this website there will be a form to which the following documents should be attached, where appropriate:
- Current international passport.
- Language accreditation.
- Cover letter.
- University degree certificate: Postgraduate, PhD.
- Academic certificates
- In the case of PhD students, the summary of their doctoral thesis and proposal of research to be carried out during their stay and pre-acceptance letter from the University of Oviedo.
- In addition to the documents above, staff also need to provide the following:
- Certificate stating their contractual status with the university of origin.
- In the case of teaching mobilities: a teaching programme accepted by the University of Oviedo.
- Letter of invitation from the University of Oviedo.
Applications will be submitted, processed and pre-selected by the interested candidates and the sending universities via the website https://ka107.em.uniovi.es from 19 July until 31 August 2021..
In the event of places remaining, a new application period will be opened in November 2021 for the second semester of academic year 2021/2022.
Each of the participating universities will pre-select their students and staff, and upload the results of the pre-selection of each applicant to the website; they will send the University of Oviedo a report with the results of that pre-selection, also via the website https://ka107.em.uniovi.es
The final selection of the participants and the list of reserve candidates will be determined by the University of Oviedo assessment committee respecting the order of priority indicated in the report sent via the website by each of the participating universities.
The final selection will be announced to the participating universities and the applicants on the website https://ka107.em.uniovi.es
Acceptance and rejection
The beneficiaries of the grants will have a period of 10 days from the day following the one on which the awarding of the grant is announced to indicate, via the website https://ka107.em.uniovi.es whether they accept it or turn it down. If no acceptance is received within the period stated, it will be understood that the beneficiary turns down the mobility grant awarded, resulting in the offer being archived and the next candidate on the list being notified.
Payment of the grants
The Erasmus+ mobility grant will be paid to the beneficiary by bank transfer, into the account registered by the beneficiary in the University of Oviedo's database of its third-party creditors' bank details, in two instalments: a first instalment for 70% of the total amount, once the student has registered at the International Services Office of the University of Oviedo; the rest (30%) at the end of the stay, via bank transfer, after the mobility period has ended and the EU survey has been completed by the beneficiary -something necessary for the beneficiaries to receive the rest of the grant.
The Erasmus+ KA107 mobility grant will be paid to the beneficiary in one single instalment at the beginning of the stay, once the grant agreement has been signed by both parties. Likewise, the participant must complete and send the online EU Survey questionnaire within 30 calendar days of receiving the invitation to complete it (this is an essential condition for receiving the grant).