Let us Help You with the Paperwork
Communication of insured accidents
The University of Oviedo has hired several insurance policies through open and negotiated process, covering the following risks:
- General civil responsibility
- Nuclear civil responsibility (Nuclear facilities)
- Structural damages (Buildings-Continent and contents)
- Working insurance (Specific members of the staff: Rector's team, drivers, technicians...)
- Leisure boats of the Higher School of the Civil Navy
- Risk insurance for Postgraduate and Specific Degree Students, and Students of the Spanish Course for Foreigners
Any damage caused by a sudden, accidental and unforeseen event that had taken place within the valid period of an insurance policy hired by the University of Oviedo, and whose consequences are partially or totally covered by it, will be considered as an accident and it should be communicated as soon as possible in order to apply the corresponding compensation.
Any person who has any suffered damage covered by the insurance policies hired by the University of Oviedo.
- The event, covered by an insurance policy, should be reported as soon as possible.
- All the documentation that proves the validity of the claim must be submitted for the procedure to take place.
Body in charge
Office of the Vice-Rector for Economic Planning, Agreements and Contracts.
Contact of the body in charge
Service of Hiring and Heritage. Section of Real State, Personal and Inventory Heritage. Telephone: 985 10 40 05; Fax: 985 10 39 99; E-mail:
After the accident has taken place, it will be communicated to the insurance company via the Service of Hiring and Heritage, within seven days.
- Law 50/1980, dated October 8, that regulates the Hiring of Insurance in the terms not approved by the Legal Royal Decree 6/2004, dated October 29, by means of which it is approved the Consolidated Version of the Law of organization and supervision of private insurance.
- Law 26/2006, dated July 17, on mediation of private insurance, and whichever dispositions of private law may be applicable (Law 33/1984, dated August 2, on Organization of Private Insurance; Regulations for the Organization of Private Insurance approved by the Royal Decree 1348/1985, dated August 1; Law 30/1995, on the Organization and Supervision of Private Insurance; and Royal Decree 690/1988, dated June 24, by means of which it is approved the Regulations for the Production of Private Insurance).
Forms of notification
Via post, fax or e-mail.
Ways to apply
Via the form for the communication of the accident via e-mail, internal mail or fax to the corresponding contact.
Places to submit
- Service of Hiring and Heritage.
- Section of Real State, Personal and Inventory Heritage
- Plaza de Riego, 4-3º, 33003, Oviedo
The application form may be downloaded from this link.
Once it has been completed, it must be sent to the Section of Real State, Personal and Inventory Heritage of the University of Oviedo via e-mail, fax or post.
- Application form for the communication of an accident.
- Insurance for Structural Damages.
- Insurance for Civil Responsibility.
- Insurance for Nuclear Civil Responsibility.
- Insurance for Damages to the Rector's Team.
- Insurance policy for collective accidents for students of Postgraduate and Certificate Degrees, and Summer Courses of Spanish Language and Culture for Foreigners in Spain.
Application form in PDF.
Frequently Asked Questions
Notices related to the covered risks:
The University of Oviedo has hired the Correduría de Seguros Aon Gil y Carvajal S.A.U., Correduría de Seguros, for the mediation, management and counceling in matters pertaining to the insurance hired by the University of Oviedo. Depending on the complexity of the questions consulted, they may be transfered to said enterprise:
- Eugenio Modroño
- Executive of the Account
- Marqués de Pidal 18, 1º dcha.; 33004, Oviedo; España
- 985 257 799
- 985 257 390