Certificate Degrees and Continuing Education
Master's Degree in Ophthalmological Nursing
Teaching Languages: Spanish
Número mínimo de alumnos exigido: 1
Duration: 60 ECTS credits, 1 year
Tuition Fee: 5.075 €
Being in possession of an official University Degree. Nevertheless, exceptionally, admission will be extended to professionals directly related to to the speciality of the course who lack a Degree, as long as they prove their professional careers and meet the legal criteria to access University courses.
Please check the Agreement of November 29, 2007 of the Governing Council of the University of Oviedo, which approves the regulation of studies leading to Certificate Degrees and other Postgraduate Degrees (BOPA, January 12, 2008).
Admission Requirements: Having achieved a Spanish university Degree, especially in Nursing, or another type of degree handed by a higher education institution of the EHEA, convalidated, or in the process of being convalidated, in Spain or in the European Union.
- Plazo general de preinscripción: 1 de junio a 18 de agosto
- Publicación de listas provisionales: 4 de septiembre
- Reclamaciones a las listas provisionales: 5 y 6 de septiembre
- Listas definitivas: 12 de septiembre
- Plazo general de matrícula: 13 a 19 de septiembre
Modality: Attendance required
Schedule: Mondays to Fridays, from 9 AM to 1:30 PM, and from 3:30 PM to 7 PM.
Teaching Center: Instituto Universitario Fernández-Vega, Fundación de Investigación Oftalmológica e Instituto Oftalmológico Fernández-Vega.
This Master's Degree is a course aimed at the clinical and research professionalization of the student, in order to integrate them in the multidisciplinary teams of clinics and ophthalmological departments. The main objective is that graduates are self-sufficient in the application of the ophthalmological knowledge to help the holistic management of the patient inside and outside the operating theater, and that they can develop the application of the scientific method to this sub-speciality.
The students will receive the appropriate formation needed to take care fo the instrumentation in patient surgery in the department of ophthalmology in hospitals and ophthalmological clinics. The Specific Degree also develops the organization of the operating theater, use of instruments, etc.
The Master's Degree has a duration of 9 months organized in five modules and with a total of 60 ECTS credits.
- General principles of ophthalmological nursing
- Elaboration of a medical history
- Ocular pharmacology
- Ocular pathology
- Refractive surgery
- Ocular alignment and motility
- Clinical nursing: rotation in the ophthalmological practice to see the different tests made on the patient.
- Surgical nursing: rotation in the ophthalmological practice to see the different tests made on the patient.
- Research: introduction to clinical and basic research from the point of view of nursing.
- Presentation of a clinical research project and a translation research project.
Jesús Merayo Lloves
Dr. Jesús Merayo Lloves
D. Avelino Ojanguren Fernández