The homestay with Asturian families program is especially aimed at international students attending the University of Oviedo to complete their education or those on an Erasmus stay.
This accommodation option enables students from other countries to familiarize themselves with the Spanish way of life while enjoying a warm and friendly environment. The selected families host the student at home during their stay in Asturias. This board and lodging program covers all the student's needs.
Staying with a host family allows students to get first-hand insight into the Spanish way of life and customs.
Students wishing to participate in the program should request information regarding requirements and procedures at the Office for International Relations of the University of Oviedo (C/ Principado, 3 ground floor. Oviedo).
The families participating in the student homestay program receive a monthly grant that offsets the expenses of the young person's stay with them.
Homestay Program for International Students
- Resolution, dated July 31, 2014, by the Rector of the University of Oviedo, that publishes the definitive list of applicants by order of score by the merits presented during the call for financial aid for families in compensation for the costs of lodging international students of the Spanish Course of the University of Oviedo, in the framework of the Cooperation Agreements, during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Call for grants for families to compensate for lodging and food expenses of the international students
- Certification of the Vice-Rector
- Proposed list of selected applicants for accommodation
- Resolution, dated July 1, 2013, by means of which it is made public the definitive list of admitted and rejected applicatns in the call for grants for families to compensate the expenses of lodging international students who study at the University of Ovied.
- RESOLUTION, dated June 21, 2013, of the Vice-Rector for Internationalization and Postgraduate Studies of the University of Oviedo, with the provisional list of admitted and rejected applicants for the call for the concession of grants of compensatory financial aid for families that lodge international students who take part in courses of Spanish at the University of Oviedo, in the framework of the Cooperation Agreements, during the 2013-2014 academic year.
Notice: the period for complaints finishes on July 3.