Cluster of Arts & Humanities and Social & Legal Sciences
The Cluster of Arts & Humanities and Social & Legal Sciences emerges as the platform for the revitalization of research in the areas referred hereinbefore at the University of Oviedo. Its ultimate purpose is to promote research activity in the field of European programmes and, by extension, at the international scope, generating synergies with national and regional calls.
To this aim, the Cluster of Arts & Humanities and Social & Legal Sciences organizes its activities according to a series of clearly defined objectives:
- To enhance the research activity at European level, identifying and disseminating financing opportunities via projects, tenders and other proposals.
- To encourage the involvement of the research staff in European initiatives, analysing and guiding on the work programmes and their respective priorities.
- To promote the participation in European initiatives, identifying the viability of supra-national research lines and their potential development from a transnational perspective.
- To boost collaborative transnational work, cooperating with the research staff at the University of Oviedo in the preparation and processing of proposals as associated organization in consortiums.
- To stimulate the leadership in projects, assisting and advising the research staff at the University of Oviedo in the design of proposals and in the application process as applicant/coordinating organization: study of guidelines, revision of the technical part of the proposals, budget estimation, identification of potential partners -in case- and submission procedure.
- To increase the social capital of research staff in the European arena, supporting their participation in networks of experts, commissions for the design and evaluation of programs and those platforms that are meant to provide an added value to the research activity.
The research at the University of Oviedo in the knowledge areas of Arts & Humanities and Social & Legal Sciences, at European level, focuses its attention on diverse programmes that favour, directly or indirectly, the development of its research lines from a collaborative approach, the main ones being:
- Erasmus Plus
- Creative Europe
- Europe for Citizens
- Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund
- Justice Programme
- Rights, Equality and Citizenship Programme
- Employment and Social Innovation Programme
- European Research Area Networks (ERA-NET) y Joint Programming Initiatives (JPI), tackling several fields of specialisation.
- COST networks
- o H2020, in topics related to Social Sciences and Humanities (Social Challenge 6) and other subjects where, even not being dedicated, these disciplines can contribute to as an added value (Social Challenges 1 to 5 and 7, respectively).
Likewise, the Cluster of Arts & Humanities and Social & Legal Sciences supports individual projects Excellent Science-oriented within H2020, as it is the case for European Research Council and Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions.
- R&D Project Manager
- Marta Méndez Fuente
- + 34 985 10 35 74
- Campus of International Excellence
- Technological Offer. University Forum - Enterprise
- International Proyects
- Research in Arts and Humanities at the University of Oviedo
- Undergraduate Degrees
- Master's Degrees
- PhD Programmes
- Open European calls
- Opportunities for employement in research
- Language Courses
- Spanish for Foreign Students