Grants for Scientific Visits to the University of Oviedo
The University of Oviedo co-finances the participation of researchers from other universities and research centres, both domestic and foreign, in scientific exchange activities in the Asturian academic institution.
University of Oviedo Departments and Institutes may request these grants, at the proposal of Faculty or researchers hired under the Ramon y Cajal or Juan de la Cierva Research Programmes, by the University of Oviedo or via the equivalent Science, Technology and Innovation (PCTI) contracts.
Submission of Applications
Applications can be submitted from the date of publication of this call until October 31, 2012.
Applications signed by the Head of Department and addressed to the Vice-Rector for Research are to be presented via the Researcher's Portal using the corresponding standard forms available on said portal.
The following documents must be attached:
- Completed application form (click here to access the Researcher's Portal).
- Detailed budget of estimated costs, establishing the amounts and sources of funding that the Department or Institute is to contribute to co-funding.
- Report briefly setting out the scientific activity to be undertaken as well as justifying the relevance of the visiting researcher's participation.
- Brief Curriculum Vitae of the visiting researcher.
The grants may fund part of the costs of the scientist's visit.A maximum of €2,000 per Department or Institute will be allocated to this concept, in addition to a grant of €500.The awarding of grants will be subject to available funds in the expenditure programme budget of the Office of the Vice-Rector for Research for this purpose.
Obligations of Beneficiaries as Regards Justifying the Grant
- Should the visiting researcher's activity include the presentation of research results, this presentation should be public. The Office of the Vice-Rector for Research is to be informed of the presentation, and shall duly announce it.
- The lecturer submitting the application is to provide the Office of the Vice-Rector for Research with receipts of the visiting lecturer's travel and/or accommodation expenses. Each co-funding institution shall assume all the expenses it funds (all travel and/or accommodation costs for the entire stay) to be processed before 15 December 2012, pre-charging the expense via the Researcher's Portal and registering the original copies via the University's Registrar Office.