Permits and leaves of absence for Teaching and Research Staff
The objective of this service is to help the Teaching and Research Staff with the request of permits and leaves of absence.
Teaching and Research Staff (PDI).
Body in charge
Contact of the body in charge
985 10 39 40 (external); 59 89 // 59 99 (internal)
985 10 40 24
During the whole Academic Year.
Access in https://intranet.uniovi.es/docencia/normativaprofesorado to the following sections:
- Labor Calendar
- Regulations for leaves of absence
- Regulations on leaves of absence for teaching training
Ways to apply
Permits will be formalized in the Direction of the Department of origin of the lecturer and will be presented in any of the Registries of the University.
Places to submit
General Registry of the University of Ovied, Plaza del Riego 4. 33003, Oviedo.
- Administration of the Scientific-Technical Building of the Campus of Mieres, C/ Gonzalo Gutiérrez de Quirós, s/n. 33600, Mieres.
- Administrative Services of the Campus of Gijón. Southern teaching block of the Campus. 33203, Gijón.
- Classroom Building of Legal and Social Sciences, Campus of "El Cristo" A, C/ Catedrático Valentín Andrés Álvarez, s/n. 33006, Oviedo.
- Building of University Services of Avilés, C/ Ferrería, 7-9. 33402, Avilés.
- Administration of the Campus of "El Milán". C/ Teniente Alfonso Martínez s/n. 33011, Oviedo.
The application for is different for leaves of absence related to teaching and research (Model A) or general leaves of absence (Model B), and both are available at: https://intranet.uniovi.es/docencia/normativaprofesorado
Once the application form has been revised and signed by the Vice-Rector for Teaching Staff and Academic Organization, they will be sent to the Staff Management Service, so that they can be included in the personal file of the applicant and in the database. Furthermore, it will be send via e-mail to the respective Departments, except in the case it is a leave of absence of up to 7 days without the applicant leaving the country.