Master's Degree in Law
- Teaching Languages:
- 1 year and a half (90 ECTS credits)
- Access Requirements:
To be admitted to the Master's degree, you must be in possession of the Bacherlor's Degree in Law or another equivalent Degree title that meets the requirements established in article 3 of the Law n. 34/2006, October 30th, on access to the professions of Lawyer and Procurator of the Courts, approved by Royal Decree n. 775/2011, June 3rd.
In accordance with Royal Decree n. 967/2014, November 21st, of Homologation of Foreign Titles of Higher Education to Official Spanish University Degrees or Master's Degrees that give access to a regulated profession in Spain, all foreign students who wish to take the Master's Degree in access to the practice of law, whether European or not, must present a legalized title in accordance with the procedure established in that regulation, according to the interpretation given by the Ministry of Education and Culture and Sport. Information on this matter is available on the website of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport Web: Ministry Link
Applicants with degrees obtained in European higher education institutions of the EHEA must provide validation of the title by a Spanish University. Applicants with degrees obtained in States that are not members of the European Union or signatories to the Agreement on the European Economic Area must be in possession of the credential that accredits their approval.
In the case of people who have a Degree issued by a higher education institution of the EHEA that empowers in the country issuing the Degree to access official Master's Degrees, as well as students with a foreign Degree (external to the EHEA) without homologation, provided that the level of training is equivalent to the undergraduate degrees and that enables in the issuing country to access official Master's Degrees, they may be admitted to the Master's Degree in the case that this title is pending the approval process. In any case, it is the sole responsibility of the student to finish the Master with the duly homologated Title of higher studies. In the event that at the end of the Master's degree the homologation has not concluded, you will not be able to request the inscription in the official exam of access to the practice of law that calls twice a year the Ministry of Justice. Therefore, it is recommended that foreign students previously homologate their higher education degree before applying at the University for a place on the Master's Degree that gives access to the practice of law.
Admission criteria: : Download document
Three teaching groups will be established, two in Oviedo and one in Gijón. Although initially joining the Gijón Group will be voluntary, once the Oviedo groups have been completed the aforementioned joining will be mandatory.
- Attendance required
- First academic semester: In-person classes on Mondays to Thursdays, between 16:00 and 20:00.
- Second academic semester: In-person classes on Mondays to Thursdays, between 16:00 and 20:00, and 150 hours of internships during the morning.
- Third academic semester: 600 hours of internships, full time.
- Teaching Center:
- Faculty of Law of the University of Oviedo
- Jovellanos Faculty of Commerce, Tourism and Social Sciences of the University of Oviedo
- Summary of the Degree
- Informe de verificación, seguimiento y acreditación
- Composición de la comisión de calidad
- Autorización de implantación (BOPA)
- Carácter oficial del título (BOE)
- Asignaturas, horarios, profesores, guías docentes y competencias del título
- Te ayudamos con los trámites
- Reconocimiento de créditos y normativa de permanencia
- Enlace al RUCT
- Sistema de garantía interna de calidad
- Estudiantes con necesidades especiales
This Master's Degree meets the requirements of Law 34/2006 on the access to the professions of Lawyer and Attorney in Spain and of the provisions of the regulation of this law stated on Royal Decree 775/2011 of 3 June 2011.
It constitutes the mandatory specialized training in order to practice law under the terms of the above-mentioned regulation. There are three institutions collaborating in this programme: the Escuela de Práctica Jurídica del Principado de Asturias (the School of Legal Practice of the Principality of Asturias), the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Oviedo and the Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Gijón (the Bar Associations of Oviedo and Gijón).
The realization of the Master in Law, by itself, does not qualify for the exercise of the profession, being necessary to pass the mandatory State exam by the Ministry of Justice.
- The first block comprises all modules that contain subjects taught face-to-face in a classroom (54 ECTS credits).
- The second block contains the internship period with a total of 30 ECTS credits, in compliance with Royal Decree 775/2011.
- The third block contains the Master's Thesis with a total of 6 ECTS credits. Students will have to carry out a critical analysis or a research work about specific aspects of professional practice.
- Civil litigation (18 ECTS)
- Module II: Criminal litigation (9 ECTS)
- Module III: Administrative proceedings (9 ECTS)
- Social litigation and labour consultancy (6 ECTS)
- General consultancy (6 ECTS)
- Legal practice I (6 ECTS)
- External legal practice II (24 ECTS)
- Master's Thesis (6 ECTS)
- Detailed Information on the Syllabus:
This Master's Degree has 90 ECTS credits and is divided in three blocks:
This Master's Degree is structured in three terms. During the first and second term students will take all the subjects comprised in the first block. During the second term students will also start with the internship period. Finally, during the third term, students will complete the internship period and the Master's Thesis.
This Master's Course is divided in the following subjects:
- University of Oviedo
International Center for Postgraduate Studies
Plaza de Riego. Historical Building
- 985 10 49 17 / 985 10 49 18
- 985 10 49 59
- University of Oviedo
- Luis Roca de Agapito
- 985 10 47 24
Other Websites of the Master's Degree:
Internationalization and Companies
Movilidad de estudios
- Universität Trier (Germany)
- Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne (France)
- Università degli Studi di Torino (Italy)
Empresas que ofertan prácticas externas
- ABOGADOS ASTURIAS SLP
- ACF ABOGADOS, SOCIEDAD DE ESTUDIOS LEGALES
- ALBERTO REY NUÑEZ
- ALONSO CUERVO ABOGADOS
- ÁLVAREZ DE LINERA ABOGADOS S.L.
- ANA CASADO GIMÉNEZ
- ANA MARÍA MUÑIZ CASARES
- ANA RUEDA FERNÁNDEZ
- ANA VEGA ALVAREZ
- ANDRÉS MARTÍNEZ CEYANES
- ARBESÚ Y TABOADA ABOGADAS
- ASTON ASESORES
- BEATRIZ ÁLVAREZ SOLAR
- BELARMINA GONZÁLEZ FERNÁNDEZ
- BLANCA CIENFUEGOS-JOVELLANOS FERNÁNDEZ
- CARAVIA ABOGADOS
- CARMEN BAYLON MISIONE
- CRISTINA CUERVO GARCÍA
- CSI ASTURIAS
- DANIEL ALONSO ABOGADO
- DANIEL PRIETO FERNÁNDEZ
- EDUARDO ESCANDÓN VALVIDARES
- EDUARDO ESCANDÓN VALVIDARES
- EDUARDO GARCÍA GARCÍA
- EFESO ABOGADOS
- ELADIO DE LA CONCHA GARCÍA -MAURIÑO
- ELADIO RICO GARCÍA
- FERNÁNDEZ DEL CASTILLO ABOGADOS
- FIDELITAS (OVIEDO)
- FIDES ABOGADOS S.C.
- FLORENTINO FANO HERRERO
- FRANCISCO FANEGO RODRÍGUEZ
- FRANCISCO JOSÉ GONZÁLEZ CUESTA
- GDP LEGAL
- GONZÁLEZ- BUSTO SERVICIOS JURÍDICOS SLPU
- GONZÁLEZ-MIERES SERVICIOS JURÍDICOS
- GONZALO LÓPEZ ALONSO
- GRAÍÑO LEGAL & TAX S.L.
- GUILLERMO CALVO FRANCO
- GUILLERMO PÉREZ-HOLANDA
- HERNANDO Y ASOCIADOS
- HERNANDO Y ASOCIADOS
- IGLESIAS & ORDÓÑEZ ABOGADOS C.B.
- IGNACIO FERNÁNDEZ-JARDÓN FERNÁNDEZ
- IGNACIO MANSO PLATERO
- ÍÑIGO SERRANO BLANCO
- JAVIER CALZADILLA BEÚNZA
- JOSÉ RIVERO SEGUIN
- JOSÉ VILLANUEVA DEL CUETO
- JUAN IGNACIO ALVAREZ PEON
- JUNCEDA ABOGADOS S.L.U
- LARA VIÑA HERBON
- LEX AGORA
- LUIS PÉREZ ABOGADOS
- LUIS TUERO FERNÁNDEZ ABOGADOS
- LUIS ZARAGOZA CAMPOAMOR
- LUJÁN BLANCO
- Mª JOSEFA GARCÍA TAMARGO
- Mª ROGELIA PILOÑETA ALONSO
- MANUEL MACHARGO FERNÁNDEZ
- MARÍA DEL CARMEN GARCÍA DÍAZ
- MARÍA FERNÁNDEZ-CASAS ALVAREZ
- MARÍA TELENTI ÁLVAREZ
- MARTINA FERNÁNDEZ & MANCISIDOR ABOGADOS
- MIGUEL GÓMEZ GORDILLO
- MIGUEL SÁNCHEZ MORDOS
- MIJARES ABOGADOS
- PABLO GARCÍA-VALLAURE RIVAS
- PATRICIA BAIZÁN FERNÁNDEZ
- PATRICIA VILLAMEDIANA DEL VAL
- PAULA CIENFUEGOS
- PAYER & ASOCIADOS
- PEDRO CRESPO LAVEDAN
- RICARDO GONZÁLEZ FERNÁNDEZ
- SUSANA CAMPO IZQUIERDO
- UCE-UNIÓN DE CONSUMIDORES
- VACIERO S.L.P.
- VALDÉS-HEVIA ABOGADOS S.L.P
- VÁZQUEZ & GUISASOLA ABOGADOS C.B.