About the Master's Degrees
The offer of Master's Degrees is a bold investment in internationalization and in the collaboration with other universities and the business world. These postgraduate programmes are centered on the development of the required skills of the student for their professional career of choice.
The University of Oviedo, through its International Center for Postgraduate Studies, has invested heavily in internationalization and collaboration with the business world in its offer of Master's Degrees. These postgraduate programmes have, generally speaking, a minimum extension of 60 ECTS credits (a full-time academic course) and a maximum extension of 120 ECTS (two full-time academic courses), and students who finish them will obtain an official degree.
The University of Oviedo offers a wide range of Master's Degrees:
- International Master's Degrees: The University of Oviedo has agreements with 23 universities in more than 11 countries, and associates in many others. Among the international degrees offered, there are 6 Erasmus Mundus Master's Degrees and 8 other International Double Master's Degrees with the universities: Pau, Clermont-Ferrand, Hochschule Karlsruhe, Silesia, Bologna, Western New México (EEUU) y Monterrey (México)
- Interuniversity Master's Degrees: The University of Oviedo offers 8 programs in cooperation with 21 Spanish Universities, apart from the other 14 agreements that take part in the Master's Degree in Theoretical Chemistry & Computational Modelling.
- Professionally-oriented Master's Degrees: They are intended to offer a training methodology directed at the professional practice. For this reason, more than 250 institutions are involved in the development of the courses, offering lessons, internship periods and the supervision of the Master´s Thesis.
- Eight double degrees: Business Administration and Management, Environmental and Health Biotechnology, Analytic & Bioanalytic Sciences, Teacher Training in Secondary and Upper Secondary Education and Vocational Training, Socio-cultural History and Analisis, Spanish Language and Linguistics, Mecatronic Engineering and Occupational Health & Safety Risk Management.
- Bilingual Master's Degrees: 19 Master's Degrees demand a minimum B1 level of English to be able to enrol in them. 8 of these Master's Degrees are fully taught in English.