University Entrance Exam (PAU)
The University Entrance Exam (PAU) is divided into two phases: general and specific. Students who pass the general phase (compulsory for all) may apply for admission to Spanish universities. The University of Oviedo convenes two annual sittings, one in June and another in July.
In the 2009-2010 academic year, a new model of the University Entrance Exam was implemented in which the structure and approach was changed to link the exam more to the studies that students want to do. In general, the student's profile becomes more important, especially if applying to studies with limited admission. It is the student who selects the subjects of the chosen field of study in which to take the exam.
The University Entrance Exam is structured around the concept of a student applying for admission to undergraduate studies:
- opportunity that a student has to enter either a public or private Spanish university. This occurs when admission requirements are met in some way [University Entrance Exam (PAU), Higher-Level Vocational Training Cycles (CFGS), Entrance Exam for mature students over 25, etc.].
- prerogative of universities to select incoming students for those studies with limited places. In public universities, this is done on a competitive, transparent, single university district basis.
Baccalaureate students have a regular June exam sitting and a special July sitting. Students coming from a Degree in Higher Technician, or equivalent, who wish to apply for studies with limited admission may opt to take the specific phase exam.
The new model is structured in two phases:
- General (compulsory):
- This tests the student's maturity and basic skills (understanding information, use of language, basic understanding of a foreign language and knowledge of a subject belonging to their corresponding branch of baccalaureate studies). Passing the exam enables the student to apply to university at any time as its validity does not expire.
- Specific (voluntary):
- This tests the student's knowledge and reasoning capacity in fields of study related to the degree course the student wishes to pursue and enables the student to raise the mark received in the general phase. Only passed subjects are taken into account and the marks are only valid for two academic years. It determines the marks counting towards admission in the case of limited admission studies.
Students with the Degree of Higher Technician or equivalent
The new legislation passed by the Spanish Government (BOE 138, dated June 7, 2014) and the University of Oviedo has not changed admission requirements during the 2014-2015; 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 academic years for students coming from Degrees in Higher Technician in Professional Education; Higher Technician in Plastic Arts and Design, or Higher Sports Technician (by presenting the corresponding credentials), but it does allow students to take the specific phase exam to improve their mark and secure a place in a specific degree programme with limited admission. The only requirements are that the subject matter has been passed with a minimum score of 5 and that it is related to the field of study of the degree programme to which the student wishes to apply.
Students may choose either to apply directly to university with the marks obtained in the Degrees in Higher Technician or Sports Technician, or to sit the specific phase of the university entrance exam for the sole purpose of raising their mark. The aim of this measure is to ensure that all students have an equal opportunity to apply to those degree programmes with limited admission.
At the Admissions Unit in the Office of the Pro Vice-chancellor for Students (Calle Gonzalez Besada, 13, Oviedo)
- 985 10 41 15
- Weighting of subjects for admission to the University of Oviedo 2017-2018 and 2018-2019
- Academic Offer 2017-2018
- Minimun marks
- Asignaturas EBAU 2017 (Ficha de materia y protocolo de ejercicio)
- Instrucciones de matrícula EBAU 2017
- Normas de examen para los alumnos de EBAU 2017
- Nota informativa sobre dispositivos electrónicos en la EBAU
- Información sobre el uso de calculadoras en la EBAU
- Procedimiento de revisión de exámenes PAU 2017
- Descarga y generación de Certificados Digitales de alumnos con los resultados de la PAU
- Consulting marks and requesting a review
- Simulator of PAU Examination for Access to the University of Oviedo
- Convocatorias de Reuniones PAU 2016
- Actas Reuniones Coordinadores PAU 2015
- Calendar for enrolment centers
- Minutes from University Exam Coordination with Centers Sessions 2014
University Entrance Exam Centers
- Teachers: Exercise grading
- Regulations for Secondary Education Correctors for the 2016 PAU Examination
- Application form for Secondary Education Correctors for the 2016 PAU Examination
- Solicitud Inspectores Pruebas PAU 2016
- Sedes PAU - Junio 2016
- Sedes PAU - Julio 2016
Dates and Timetables
- Error Correction in Royal Decree 1892/2008, dated 14 November, regulating application requirements for admission to official university undergraduate studies and admission procedures for Spanish public universities (Partially valid for Baccalaureate students until the 2016-2017 academic year).
- EDU Order/1434/2009, dated May 29, amending annexes to the Royal Decree 1892/2008, dated 14 November, regulating application requirements for admission to official university undergraduate studies and admission procedures for Spanish public universities.
- EDU Order/3242/2010, dated 9 December,determining the content of the specific phase of the university entrance exam, which may be taken by those who hold an advanced technical degreein Vocational Training, Art and Design or Physical Education or an equivalent degree.
- Royal Decree 1892/2008, dated 14 November,regulating application requirements for admission to official university undergraduate studies and admission procedures for Spanish public universities.
- Resolution dated 23 April 2009 adopted by the Regional Education and Science Council, constituting the University of Oviedo entrance exam organizing committee and regulating its functioning.
- Royal Decree 558/2010, dated 7 May, amending Royal Decree 1892/2008, dated 14 November, regulating application requirements for admission to official university undergraduate studies and admission procedures for Spanish public universities.
- Royal Decree 412/2014, dated June 6, that establishes the basic regulations for the procedures of admission into official Undergraduate Degrees (BOE 7-6-2014).
- Agreement, dated May 23, 2014, by the Governing Council of the University of Oviedo, that establishes the procedure for admission; the evaluation criteria and the order or assignment of places in official Undergraduate Degrees for specific means of access.