Admission to Master’s Degrees
The University of Oviedo offers a variety of multidisciplinary Master's Degrees, with international, intercollegiate and academic-professionalization programmes, besides Erasmus Mundus Masters. To gain admission to these studies, it is necessary to have achieved a university degree and to go through a pre-registration and enrolment process.
Admission to the university Master's degree programme may be gained:
- With an official Spanish university degree
You can apply for a place with either an official university Bachelor's degree, or a graduate degree in engineering, architecture, technical engineering or architecture.
- With a European Higher Education Area (EHEA) degree
You can apply for a place with a degree issued by a higher education institution belonging to a member state of the EHEA which entitles you to apply for admission to Master's Degrees.
- With a university degree from outside the EHEA
You can apply for a place with a university degree awarded by a higher education institution outside the EHEA which allows you to apply for admission to Master's Degrees. In this case, you can apply for admission provided that you either obtain previous official recognition of an equivalent degree which entitles you to apply for admission or, without official recognition, verification that your degree accredits a level of studies equivalent to the Spanish Bachelor's degree and entitles you to apply for admission to postgraduate studies in the country in which the degree was awarded. If you apply for admission without official recognition of previous studies, indicate on the application form to the Master's Degrees that you are applying for admission with studies from outside the EHEA. Acceptance into a Master's Degrees in no case implies official recognition of the previous degree or its recognition for purposes other than to take courses in a Master's Degree.
The following are the general admissions requirements. In all cases, students should take into account the specific requirements for admission to each programme.
- Before proceeding with pre-registration, go to the website, select the Master's Degree you want to enrol on and see: Entry requirements
You can pre-register:
- If you have a college degree and meet the general requirements
- If you have not finished your studies. Your admission is contingent upon obtaining a degree before the enrolment deadline and maintaining the grade average which was considered when accepting you for admission.
- If you are from another university in which there is an examination sitting in September. Your admission is contingent upon completing your studies before 1 October 2014.
The University Master's Degree in Compulsory Secondary Education, Baccalaureate and Vocational Education Teacher Training is governed by different pre-registration periods to the other official Master's Degrees.
Likewise, the Erasmus Mundus Masters Programme is governed by different pre-registration periods and enrolment processes to the other University Master's Degrees. For this procedure, please visit the website of the Erasmus Mundus Masters Programme that interests you: Máster Erasmus Mundus Masters Erasmus Mundus
Pre-registration and enrolment in the university Master's Degrees is done on-line. To do this: