Master's Degree in Occupational Health & Safety Risk Management
- Teaching Languages:
- Spanish and English
- 1 year and a half (90 ECTS credits)
- Precio orientativo:
- 26,54 €/crédito para los estudiantes del EEES y 77,15 €/crédito para estudiantes extranjeros no residentes
- Access Requirements:
In order to register in an official Master's Degree, it is mandatory to have completed an official degree in Spain or in any higher education institution of a member state of the European Union integrated in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that allows students to take a Master's Degree. Students who have obtained their degree outside the EHEA can be admitted as long as the University can verify that these qualifications have a similar level to the corresponding degrees in Spain and they permit graduates to take a Master's Course.
This Master's course is intended for holders of a technical, scientific, social, legal or health degree. Furthermore, candidates must prove that they have an English language ability equivalent to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. If they cannot provide a certification of their level of English, they will have to conduct an interview to justify their skills for communication and oral comprehension, required to be able to understand the lessons.
Double Degree: The student may obtain a Double Degree by spending a semester at the Polytechnical University of Silesia (Poland).
Criteria for Admission: Download Document
- Attendance required
- Monday to Friday from 4:00pm to 8:00pm.
- Teaching Center:
- Faculty of Economics and Business
- Self-assessment report ACREDITA Program
- Performance Markers
- Satisfaction Report
- Job Placement Report
- Summary of the Degree
- Verification, monitoring and certification report
- Composition of the Quality Committee
- Authorization for Establishment (BOPA)
- Official Nature of the Degree (BOE)
- Subjects, schedules, teachers, teaching guides and competences of the Degree
- We help you with your procedures
- Recognition of credits and Permanence regulations
- Link to the RUCT
- Internal Quality System
- Students with Special Education Needs
This Master's Degree, although it is not a profession regulated by the Ministry of Science and Innovation, enables its students to work in the field of Prevention of Labor Risks in the preventive specialities and disciplines of Security at the Workplace, Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics and Applied Psichology, as per agreement with the Royal Decree 39/1997, dated January 17, that approves the Regulations of Preventive Services. This Master's Degree, adapted to the European Higher Education Area, will allow its students to develop this profession in all the sectors of the activity.
The functions that correspond to this higher level are:
- The functions of the intermediate level.
- Evaluation of risks that require the establishment of a mediation to ensure that the results obtained surely characterize the situation at hand, or a non-mechanic interpretation or application of the evaluation criteria.
- The general formation and information, at all the levels, and the topics related to their area of specialization.
- The planning of the action proposed to be developed in the situations in which the control or reduction of risks involves different activities that demand the intervention of different specialists.
Currently, in order to be certified to perform the intermediate-level functions, people are required to take the professional formation that leads to a Higher Technical Degree in Prevention of Professional Risks. Their functions are the following ones:
- Promote, in general terms, prevetion at the enterprise and its integration within.
- Perform risk evaluations, except those exclusive to the higher level.
- Propose measures to control and reduce risks, os propose the need to employ the higher level, given the results of the evaluation.
- Perform activities of information and basic formation of workers.
- Oversee that the control program is developed and risks reduced, and personally perform the activities of control of the labor conditions assigned to them.
- Participate in the planning of the preventive activities and direct the actions that have to be conducted in cases of emergencies and first aid.
- Collaborate with the emergency services, if applicable.
- Any other function deemed complementary or in collaboration to the higher level.
Finally, in order to develop the basic-level function, the technician has to have a minimum formation of no less than 30 or 50 hours, depending on the type of enterprise. The basic level is composed by the following functions:
- Promote safe behaviors and the proper use of the labor and protective equipement, and promote the interest and cooperation of the workers in the integrated preventive action. Promote, in particular, basic preventive actions, such as tidiness, cleanliness, signalization and general maitenance, and oversee its development and control.
- Perform elemental evaluations of risks, and, if applicable, establish preventive measure of the same nature that are compatible with their level of formation.
- Collaborate with the evaluation and control of general and specific risks of the enterprise, visiting the premises several times, managing complaints and suggestions, registering information, and as many similar tasks are required.
- Act in cases of emergencies and first aid, managing the first interventions.
- Cooperate with the preventive services, if applicable.
- The first module (core module) offers an overview of Occupational Health & Safety Risk Management.
- The second module (specialization module) delves into the three disciplines in which graduates will carry out their professional practice: Safety at work, Health at work and Ergonomics and Applied Psychosociology.
- Finally, the third module (supplementary module) focuses on supplementary subjects and techniques, as well as on the Internship (10 ECTS) and the Master's Thesis (9 ECTS) designed for a quick integration of the students into the professional practice.
- Foundations of techniques to improve working conditions (2 ECTS)
- Safety at work (7 ECTS)
- Health at work (7 ECTS)
- Occupational Medicine (2 ECTS)
- Ergonomics and applied pschycosociology (4 ECTS)
- Occupational Health and Safety Risk Management (4 ECTS)
- Legal scope of Health and Safety Risk Management (4 ECTS)
- Specialization: Safety at work (10 ECTS)
- Specialization: Health at work (10 ECTS)
- Specialization: Ergonomics and applied psychosociology (10 ECTS)
- Other actions on the field of Occupational Risk Management (3 ECTS)
- Related techniques (2 ECTS)
- Related techniques (4 ECTS)
- Education for Occupational Health (2 ECTS)
- Internship (10 ECTS)
- Master's Thesis (9 ECTS)
- Detailed Information on the Syllabus:
This Master's course has an agreement for a Double Degree with the Polytechnic University of Silesia (Poland), which will allow those students who take a semester in said university to have a Master's Degree from both universities.
This one-year-and-a-half Master's course is divided into three modules of 30 credits each:
COMPULSORY MODULE (30 ECTS)
SPECIALIZATION MODULE (30 ECTS)
SUPPLEMENTARY MODULE (30 ECTS)
- International Center for Postgraduate Studies
Plaza de Riego. Historical Building
- 985 10 49 17 / 985 10 49 18
- 985 10 49 59
- International Center for Postgraduate Studies
- Pedro Riesgo Fernández
- 985 10 42 84
Internationalization and Companies
Empresas que ofertan prácticas externas
- Ayuntamiento de Siero
- Celulosas de Asturias
- Contemax Gestión Medioambiental SLU
- Corporación alimentaria Peñasanta S.A.
- Empresa Celulosas de Asturias (Ceasa)
- Europreven Servicios de Prevención de Riesgos laborales S.L
- Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, S.A.
- Formación Técnica y logística SL
- Grupo Leche Pascual
- Grupo Navec
- Industrial de Acabados S.A.
- Inergy Automotive Systems
- Integral de prevención 2000 S.L.
- Isastur Servicios S.L.
- Medicina de diagnóstico y control SA (Medycsa)
- Procoin S.A.
- Ramazzini S.L.
- Rozona Servicio de Prevención S.L.
- Schindler, S.A.
- Sociedad de Prevención Asepeyo SLU
- Sociedad de prevención Fremap
- Tecnologías de Gestión Administrativa S.L.
- Universal Prevención y Salud. Sociedad prevención S.L