Master's Degree in Musical Heritage
- Teaching Languages:
- 1 year (60 ECTS credits)
- Access Requirements:
In order to register in an official Master's Degree, it is mandatory to have completed an official degree in Spain or in any higher education institution of a member state of the European Union integrated in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that allows students to take a Master's Degree. Students who have obtained their degree outside the EHEA can be admitted as long as the University can verify that these qualifications have a similar level to the corresponding degrees in Spain and they permit graduates to take a Master's Course.
This programme, which focuses strongly on research, is specially intended for Graduates in History and Music Sciences or those who have graduated from the conservatory. However, graduates in other fields will also be taken into account.
- Blended learning
- Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 4pm to 20pm
- Teaching Center:
- Faculty of Philosophy and Arts of the University of Oviedo
- Faculty of Philosophy and Arts of the University of Granada
- Antonio Machado Campus of the International University of Andalusia in Baeza, Jaén
- Summary of the Degree
- Informe de verificación, seguimiento y acreditación
- Composición de la comisión de calidad
- Autorización de implantación (BOPA)
- Carácter oficial del título (BOE)
- Asignaturas, horarios, profesores, guías docentes y competencias del título
- Te ayudamos con los trámites
- Reconocimiento de créditos y normativa de permanencia
- Enlace al RUCT
- Sistema de garantía interna de calidad
- Estudiantes con necesidades especiales
Musical heritage is one of the fields that receives the most support for cultural promotion by the public administration. Because of the politic decentralization experienced in Spain during the last two decades many projects related to the recovery, edition and interpretation of the musical heritage have proliferated. Most of these projects have been carried out at publishing houses, record collections and documentation centres.
In addition to this fact, there have been a relative neglect of the archives until the last couple of decades. The contents of those archives make Spain a rich country in music sources that are just waiting to see the light. In the field of research projects there is a high demand of trained professionals with specific knowledge and skills; and the graduates of this Master's Programme will be the most appropriate professionals to fill those positions.
Dentro de este perfil es oportuno incluir otras ocupaciones quizá minoritarias pero estables. Es el caso de la documentación y catalogación en archivos, bibliotecas musicales y centros de documentación.
It is also necessary to mention other tasks and jobs that are being carried out in this area, although they are a minority and a more steady set of tasks. Such is the case of documentation and catalogue work in the archives, music libraries and documentation centres.
The interest of this Master's Degree lies in its capacity to increase the professional capabilities of the graduates of this programme. Its objective is to complement students training in the field of research, interpretation management and instruction of Musical Heritage and to provide them with the necessary skills to make appropriate decisions.
This Master's Programme give access to PhD studies in the field of humanities, to those students who are interested in completing their doctoral thesis.
- University of Granada
- Universidad de Granada
- International University of Andalusia.
- Typology of musical heritage: research methods and techniques (5 ECTS)
- Theoretical musical heritage (5 ECTS)
- Architectural Heritage: notation and analysis (5 ECTS)
- Traditional Heritage (5 ECTS)
- Centres and Peripheries in contemporary Spanish music (5 ECTS)
- Music of the elites and Mass production (5 ECTS)
- Interventions and resignification in musical heritage (5 ECTS)
- Information and communication technologies applied to the dissemination of musical heritage (5 ECTS)
- Detailed Information on the Syllabus:
It consists of 30 ECTS credits from the compulsory set of subjects (20 ECTS) and the specific study pathway (10 ECTS). From 9 September to 21 December 2011.
It consists of 30 ECTS credits that are divided in the following way: 10 ECTS credits from the specific study pathway, 10 ECTS credits from the internship and 10 ECTS credits from the Master's Thesis. From 30 January to 15 May 2012.
It is taught in the University of Granada. It consists of 20 ECTS credits and it offers an Introduction to Musical Heritage. Classes will be supervised by videoconference. This first module consists of four subjects:
Consta de las cuatro materias siguientes:
There are five possible study tracks: Research, Management, Interpretation, Teaching, and finally Circulation and Reception of Musical Heritage in Contemporary Spain, the specific pathway offered by the University of Oviedo. Students much choose one study track and complete at least 10 ECTS credits of that study track. The remaining 10 ECTS credits can be chosen among the subjects offered, although, preferably they should be related to the chosen study track.
SPECIFIC STUDY TRACK offered by the University of Ovied (20 ECTS): Circulation and Reception of Musical Heritage in Contemporary Spain. It consists of the following four subjects:
INTERNSHIP (10 ECTS) + MASTER'S THESIS (10 ECTS) = 20 ECTS
- Coordinating University:
International University of Andalusia
Sede Antonio Machado of Baeza (Jaén)
Palacio de Jabalquinto
Plaza de Santa Cruz, s/n
23440 BAEZA (Jaén-SPAIN)
- 953 74 27 75
- 953 74 29 75
- Coordinating University:
- University of Oviedo
Faculty of Philosophy and Letters
Campus of Letters
c/ Amparo Pedregal Cañedo, s/n
- 985 10 44 51
- University of Oviedo
- María Sanhuesa Fonseca
- Ext. 4472
Other Websites of the Master's Degree:
Internationalization and Companies