Master's Degree in English Language for the Bilingual Classroom in Secondary Education
- Teaching Languages:
- Spanish and English
- 1 year (60 ECTS credits)
- Precio orientativo:
- Access Requirements:
In order to register in an official Master's Degree, it is mandatory to have completed an official degree in Spain or in any higher education institution of a member state of the European Union integrated in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that allows students to take a Master's Degree. Students who have obtained their degree outside the EHEA can be admitted as long as the University can verify that these qualifications have a similar level to the corresponding degrees in Spain and they permit graduates to take a Master's Course.
This Master's Degree is intended for secondary education teachers either working or in training, as well as graduates who need to deepen their knowledge of the English language in order to teach their subjects in the bilingual classroom. Students must prove that they have an English language ability equivalent to level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Attendance required
- Monday to Thursday from 4.00 pm to 8.00 pm
- Teaching Center:
Faculty of Philosophy and Letters of Oviedo
- Summary of the Degree
- Informe de verificación, seguimiento y acreditación
- Composición de la comisión de calidad
- Autorización de implantación (BOPA)
- Carácter oficial del título (BOE)
- Asignaturas, horarios, profesores, guías docentes y competencias del título
- Te ayudamos con los trámites
- Reconocimiento de créditos y normativa de permanencia
- Enlace al RUCT
- Sistema de garantía interna de calidad
- Estudiantes con necesidades especiales
The main goal of this Master's course is to provide graduates and secondary education teachers, whether working or in training, with the necessary training to acquire the required competences in the English language in order to successfully face the task of teaching their subjects in English. In order to achieve this goal, this Master's Programme offers mainly practical training, but it also contains a strong theoretical component that provides students with a systematic review and description of all aspects related to the general use of the English Language and, specifically, its professional use in relation to the specific subjects or specialties that are taught in the bilingual classrooms.
After successfully completing this Master's Degree, students will have acquired competences and capabilities that will allow them to teach a non-linguistic subject in English, and they will have acquired an English language ability equivalent to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Some of these capabilities include the consolidation of the specific language and vocabulary that they are going to use in class and the acquisition and management of other competences such as designing their curriculum as an integrated part of bilingual education, selecting the materials they are going to use in class and designing assessment tools which integrate both dimensions of bilingual education: linguistic and non-linguistic.
- Methodological module. It focuses in two basic aspects:
- Fundamentals of CLIL methodology, based on an integrated learning of the content and the foreign language in the classroom; and
- knowledge and practical application of linguistic skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening).
- Module of linguistic competence in English. It focuses on improving the linguistic competence of the students. It includes issues related to
- morphology and syntax
- the instrumental use of the English language.
- Specific module of English for curricular subjects.
- CLIL methodology (3 ECTS)
- Linguistic skills (3 ECTS)
- Morphology and syntax (3 ECTS)
- Phonetics (pronunciation of the English language) (3 ECTS)
- Instrumental English I (6 ECTS)
- Instrumental English II (6 ECTS)
- English to teach Biology and Geology (3 ECTS)
- English to teach Natural Sciences (3 ECTS)
- English to teach Mathematics (3 ECTS)
- English to teach Physics and Chemistry (3 ECTS)
- English to teach Social Sciences, Geography and History (3 ECTS)
- English to teach Ethical and Civic Education and to teach Citizenship Education (3 ECTS)
- English to teach Plastic and Visual Arts (3 ECTS)
- English to teach Music (3 ECTS)
- English to teach Physical Education (3 ECTS)
- English to teach Technology (3 ECTS)
- English to teach Computer Science (3 ECTS)
- Internship (12 ECTS)
- Master's Thesis (12 ECTS)
- Detailed Information on the Syllabus:
This master's degree is organised in three modules:
To obtain this Master's Degree, students must complete a total of 24 compulsory ECTS credits and 12 optional ECTS credits + 12 ECTS of an internship period + 12 ECTS credits corresponding to the Master's Thesis.
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS (students must choose 4 subjects or 12 ECTS credits):
INSTERNSHIP – COMPULSORY:
MASTER'S THESIS – COMPULSORY:
- University of Oviedo
International Center for Postgraduate Studies
Plaza de Riego. Historical Building
- 985 10 49 17 / 985 10 49 18
- 985 10 49 59
- University of Oviedo
- Alicia Laspra Rodríguez
- 985 10 45 26
- Departamento de Filología Anglogermánica y Francesa . Facultad de Filosofía y Letras