Master's Degree in Educational Innovation and Research
- Teaching Languages:
- 1 year and a half (90 ECTS credits)
- Precio orientativo:
- Access Requirements:
In order to register in an official Master's Degree, it is mandatory to have completed an official degree in Spain or in any higher education institution of a member state of the European Union integrated in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that allows students to take a Master's Degree. Students who have obtained their degree outside the EHEA can be admitted as long as the University can verify that these qualifications have a similar level to the corresponding degrees in Spain and they permit graduates to take a Master's Course.
- Distance learning (some hours of tutored work and practicum sessions will be held face to face)
Dada la naturaleza a distancia del Máster, el horario de presencia será específico para cada Universidad de referencia
- Teaching Center:
Through the Virtual Campus of the University of Oviedo
Teaching at University:
- Teachers with interest in improving their work and in developing educational innovation.
- Teachers who train other teachers (Faculties or Schools of Education or Pedagogy, Higher Schools and Higher Pedagogical Schools).
- University teachers or teachers who wants to carry out their work in universities who wish to access PhD studies in the field of education.
- Teachers working in any level of the education system or in an institution that is not a University who are concerned for the quality of teaching and its improvement.
- Teachers who want to apply for job positions in Latin America as directors of educational institutions or educational inspectors and need a Master's Degree in Education in order to do so.
- Non-university teachers who want to access PhD studies.
- Non-university teachers who want to start teaching at university level.
COMPULSORY SUBJECTS (33 ECTS))
- Neurological, biological, psychological and sociological basis of education
- Curriculum and Didactics
- Educational Innovation
- Media and Information and Communication Technologies in educational processes
- Educational Research: models and techniques
Optional Modules. Students must choose one of the two modules:
Innovation and research in University Education (27 ECTS).
- Current Context of Higher Education
- University teachers and students
- University Teaching and Learning Environments
- Innovation in University Teaching
- Evaluación en la educación superior
Innovation and research in non-University Education (27 ECTS)
- Contexts of Elementary and Secondary Education and its management
- Agents in the educational process. The teacher-student-family triad
- Teaching and Learning Environments
- Educational innovation
- Tests and assessment in non-university education
Practicum (12 ECTS). A compulsory internship period:
- If the student is an employed teacher: He will develop an innovative project based on his own teaching experiences, after carrying out a diagnosis to figure out needs and room for improvement.
- If the student does not have experience in teaching: He will carry out an internship in an educational institution in order to elaborate and develop an educational and innovative proposal.
Master's Thesis (18 ECTS)
Faculty of Teacher Training and Education
University of Oviedo
C/ Aniceto Sela s/n
- Ramón Pérez Pérez
- +34 985 10 32 66
- Office 213