Master's Degree in Emergency and Critical Care Nursing (Registration closed after the first period of pre-registration)
- Teaching Languages:
- 1 year (60 ECTS credits)
- Access Requirements:
In order to register in an official Master's Degree, it is mandatory to have completed an official degree in Spain or in any higher education institution of a member state of the European Union integrated in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that allows students to take a Master's Degree. Students who have obtained their degree outside the EHEA can be admitted as long as the University can verify that these qualifications have a similar level to the corresponding degrees in Spain and they permit graduates to take a Master's Course.
This Master's Course is specially designed for Graduates in Nursing who are interested in gaining further training in order to access PhD studies in the future or in specializing in advanced clinical nursing in order to work in Emergency and Critical Care Units.
- Attendance required
- 1sr semester: Monday to Thursday, from 4:00pm to 8:00pm
- En el segundo semestre se realizarán prácticas clínicas en los hospitales con horarios rotatorios.
- Teaching Center:
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences of the University of Oviedo (Nursing Building)
- Summary of the Degree
- Verification, monitoring and certification report
- Composition of the Quality Committee
- Authorization for Establishment (BOPA)
- Official Nature of the Degree (BOE)
- Subjects, schedules, teachers, teaching guides and competences of the Degree
- We help you with your procedures
- Recognition of credits and Permanence regulations
- Link to the RUCT
- Internal Quality System
- Students with Special Education Needs
Students who successfully complete this Master's Course will have two possible study pathways:
Students will have mastered the necessary skills to work as a nurse specialized in Emergency and Critical Care Units for Adults and Paediatric/Neonatal Emergency and Critical Care Units, depending on the chosen study track (Adults or Paediatric/Neonatal)
También habrá alcanzado competencias para trabajar como enfermero con formación especializada en Servicios de Atención Extrahospitalaria Urgente.
Since students will get an official Master's Degree, they will be able to access PhD studies, taking into account the specific entry requirements that each programme and each University may have.
- Advanced Clinical Nursing (12 ECTS)
- Research Methodology (6 ECTS)
- Communication, Leadership and Management (6 ECTS)
- Advanced Clinical Nursing for Adults and Seniors* or Paediatric/Neonatal Advanced Clinical Nursing * (6 ECTS)
- Clinical Practice: Adult and Geriatrics or Paediatrics and Neonatal* (Total:18 ECTS)
- Emergency Clinical Practice (6 ECTS)
- Out-of-hospital Clinical Practice (3 ECTS)
- Critical Care Practice (3 ECTS)
- Intensive Care Practice (6 ECTS)
- Master's Thesis (12 ECTS)
- Detailed Information on the Syllabus:
This Master's Programme consist of 60 ECTS credits that are spread in one academic year.
* Students must chose one study track.
- University of Oviedo
International Center for Postgraduate Studies
Plaza de Riego. Historical Building
- 985 10 49 17 / 985 10 49 18
- 985 10 49 59
- University of Oviedo
- Mª Pilar Mosteiro Díaz
- 985 10 37 97
Other Websites of the Master's Degree: