Master's Degree in Project Management
- Teaching Languages:
- 1 year (60 ECTS credits)
- Access Requirements:
In order to register in an official Master's Degree, it is mandatory to have completed an official degree in Spain or in any higher education institution of a member state of the European Union integrated in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that allows students to take a Master's Degree. Students who have obtained their degree outside the EHEA can be admitted as long as the University can verify that these qualifications have a similar level to the corresponding degrees in Spain and they permit graduates to take a Master's Course.
The Master's course is intended for recent graduates who want to direct their professional career towards the field of project management, for professionals who want to regularize and expand their knowledge in this field, for technicians from technological centres and R&D and innovation departments of companies trying to improve the management of research projects, and in general, for graduates willing to develop their professional practice in the field of Project Management. Given the transversal nature of the Programme, this Master's course graduates in any related fields will also be considered.
- Attendance required
- Friday from 4:00pm to 9:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am to 14:00pm.
- Teaching Center:
- School of Mining Engineers of Oviedo
- ETSII Building (Logroño)
- Campus Arrosada (Pamplona)
- Summary of the Degree
- Informe de verificación, seguimiento y acreditación
- Informe de Autoevaluación Programa ACREDITA
- Composición de la comisión de calidad
- Autorización de implantación (BOPA)
- Carácter oficial del título (BOE)
- Asignaturas, horarios, profesores, guías docentes y competencias del título
- Te ayudamos con los trámites
- Reconocimiento de créditos y normativa de permanencia
- Enlace al RUCT
- Sistema de garantía interna de calidad
- Estudiantes con necesidades especiales
This interuniversity Master's course, given by the Universities of Oviedo, la Rioja and the Public University of Navarra, provides students with specific training in order to obtain a deep understanding of the principles of Project Management and to develop the necessary skills and competences for completely managing a project, ensuring the achievement of the set objectives.
The Master's course focuses on training professionals so that they can manage the development of a project in all its stages: from the conception of the idea to the delivery of the project, coordinating the different actions between the agents involved through a programme that includes the basic principles of the international IPMA and PMI standards.
On completion of the course, students will be able to face a project of any nature and lead and manage projects in a comprehensive manner in order to achieve the set objectives, including the selection and creation of a work team, the estimation, planning, control or document generation, the procurement and contracts management, and also the development of new strategies, methods, techniques or tools to improve their knowledge of this field until it reaches a level of excellence.
- Quality of management (4 ECTS)
- Management of time (4 ECTS)
- Foundations of Project Management (4 ECTS)
- Cost and Risk management (4 ECTS)
- Organization and Management of Work Teams (4 ECTS)
- Advanced Control of Projects (4 ECTS)
- Supplies Management (4 ECTS)
- Project Management in Public Administrations (4 ECTS)
- Sustainable engineering (4 ECTS)
- Environmental integration of Projects (4 ECTS)
- Simulation and Modelling in Impact Assessment (4 ECTS)
- Foundations of Engineering Research (4 ECTS)
- Applications of Research to Technological Development (4 ECTS)
- Management of R&D and innovation Projects (4 ECTS)
- Internship(6 ECTS)
- Detailed Information on the Syllabus:
Attendance is essential in some parts of this course. The Master's programme consists of a module of 4 compulsory subjects which focus on the basic aspects of Project Management, and 5 optional subjects of 4 ECTS credits each to be chosen from 9 possible subjects. Students also have the possibility to undertake an Internship. The Master's course will be completed with a Master's Thesis of 24 credits.
This Master is taught by professors from the University of Oviedo, the public University of Navarra and the University of la Rioja, apart from other visiting professors. Students have to enrol in any of these three Universities. For the purposes of teaching, the Universities of la Rioja and Navarra will be considered as a unique campus. Attendance to the compulsory subjects will be required at the Campuses of Oviedo and Ebro. Tools are available to virtually conduct the rest of the subjects, although, the student's attendance may be exceptionally required in some cases.
Lessons will be given on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning in order to enable students to combine this course with a professional career, since a significant number of students are already working in different positions.
MODULE 1: Main processes in project management
MODULE 2: Management elements
MODULE 3: Project and society
MODULE 4: Research and projects
MODULE 5: Master's Thesis (24 ECTS)
- International Center for Postgraduate Studies
Plaza de Riego. Historical Building
- 985 10 49 17 / 985 10 49 18
- 985 10 49 59
- International Center for Postgraduate Studies
- Francisco Ortega Fernández
- 985 10 42 72
Other Websites of the Master's Degree:
Internationalization and Companies
Empresas que ofertan prácticas externas
- Caja Rural de Asturias
- Empresa Oca Construcciones y Proyectos S.A.
- Ergio Empresa Servicios Energéticos SLNE
- Futuver Tecnologías e Innovaciones turísiticas S.L.
- Ingeniería y mejora de procesos SL
- Intercoastur S.L.
- Promociones Coto de los Ferranes S.L.
- Verot, S.A.
- Vitruvio Systems