Master's Degree in Analytical & Bioanalytical Sciences
- Teaching Languages:
- Spanish and English
- 1 year (60 ECTS credits)
- Precio orientativo:
36,25 €/crédito para los estudiantes del EEES y 71,11 €/crédito para estudiantes extranjeros no residentes
- Access Requirements:
- Any person who has an official Spanish University Degree, or a Degree offered by an institution of the EHEA that enables the student to enroll in a Master's Degree in their country of origin. Moreover, students will have to provide official certification of both their Spanish and English levels (a B1 or equivalent is required for a personal interview), the two languages in which this Master's Degree will be offered.
This Master's course is designed for graduates in the fields of Science, Health Sciences and Engineering.
Candidates are required to have :
- Knowledge of key aspects of chemical terminology, conventions and units of measure.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of key facts, concepts, principles and theories related to different fields of chemistry.
- Knowledge of the application and procedures used in chemical analysis to determine, identify and characterize chemical compound.
- Knowledge of the basic aspects of the main analytical techniques (optics, electrochemistry, etc.) and their application.
- To recognize and analyze new problems inside and outside the field of chemistry and to propose strategies to solve them.
- To safely handle reagents, chemical instruments and devices.
- To use standard instrumentation for the identification, quantification, separation and structural determination of different disciplines.
- To perform calculations and analysis of mistakes and to correctly use quantities and units.
Double Degree: Students may obtain a Double Degree by spending a semester at the Université de Pau et de Pays de l'Adour (France).
This Master's Degree has obtained funding by the Generation Direction of University Policies of the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports for teacher and student mobility in the Master's Degrees established jointly by French (Pau) and Spanish (Oviedo) University during the 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 academic years.
- Presencial (asistencia obligada a las tutorías grupales y las prácticas de laboratorios)
- Lessons: Monday to Friday from 3:00pm to 7:00pm.
- Laboratory practice during the morning or the afternoon
- Teaching Center:
Faculty of Chemistry of Oviedo
Double degree with the University of Pau (France):
The agreement with the University of Pau (France) enables candidates to take the second term at this University and be awarded thus a double degree on behalf of the two Universities: Oviedo and Pau.
- Summary of the Degree
- Informe de verificación, seguimiento y acreditación
- Composición de la comisión de calidad
- Autorización de implantación (BOPA)
- Carácter oficial del título (BOE)
- Asignaturas, horarios, profesores, guías docentes y competencias del título
- Te ayudamos con los trámites
- Reconocimiento de créditos y normativa de permanencia
- Enlace al RUCT
- Sistema de garantía interna de calidad
- Estudiantes con necesidades especiales
Considering the specific characteristics of the Master's course, on completion of the course:
- Graduates will have acquired a theoretical and practical training in the current techniques of instrumental analysis, not only at routine laboratories but also at basic and advanced research laboratories. Candidates will, therefore, be prepared to work at almost any chemical and/or biochemical laboratory.
- Graduates, who have chosen the professional study track will have acquired extensive working experience in both technological and industrial laboratories.
- Two mandatory modules (a theoretical one and a practical one of 21 and 9 ECTS, respectively).
- A general optional module (9 ECTS, consisting of theoretical and practical subjects specialized in the different areas: clinical, environmental and nanomaterials).
- Two optional modules of 9 ECTS, corresponding to the two possible profiles:
- Research profile (specialization in laboratory).
- Professional profile (including internship).
- Master's Thesis (12 ECTS).
- Mass Spectrometry for Elemental and molecular Analysis (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Methods of Spectroscopic Detection (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Methods of Electrochemical Detection (3 ECTS)
- Chemometrics and Advanced Data Processing (3 ECTS)
- Sensors and Biosensors (3 ECTS)
- Current Techniques in Separation Science (3 ECTS)
- Techniques for Solid and Surface Analysis (3 ECTS)
- Clinical and Pharmacological Analysis (3 ECTS)
- Food and Toxicological Analysis (3 ECTS)
- Forensic Analysis (3 ECTS)
- Environmental Analysis (3 ECTS)
- Introduction to Nanomaterials and their Characterization (3 ECTS)
- Analysis Methods based on the Use of Stable Isotopes (3 ECTS)
- Miniaturization and Automation in Analysis (3 ECTS)
- Qualitative and Quantitative Proteomics and Biomarker Analysis (3 ECTS)
- Bioconjugation Techniques for Nanomaterials and their Application to Bioanalysis (3 ECTS)
- Experimental introduction to advanced analytical techniques in routine and research laboratories (9 ECTS)
- Process and Industrial Analysis (3 ECTS)
- Management of SMEs (3 ECTS)
- Occupational Health and Safety Management in Analysis Laboratories (3 ECTS)
- Specialization in Advanced Analytical Techniques in Research Laboratories (6 ECTS)
- Professional Skills in Science and Technology (3 ECTS)
- Internship (6 ECTS)
- Detailed Information on the Syllabus:
This Master's course has a Double Degree Agreement with the University of Pau (France) that enables students who take a term at each University and be awarded a Master's degree on behalf of the two Universities.
The Master's course consists of six modules:
Master's Thesis (12 ECTS)
- International Center for Postgraduate Studies
Plaza de Riego. Historical Building
- 985 10 49 17 / 985 10 49 18
- 985 10 49 59
- International Center for Postgraduate Studies
- José Manuel Costa Fernández
- 985 10 29 70
- Departamento Química Física y Analítica
Other Websites of the Master's Degree:
Internationalization and Companies
Movilidad de estudios
- Université de Lorraine (France)
- Máster Chimie poir la spécialité Chimie, Analyse et traitement por l'Environnement, parcours Sciences Analytiques por le Vivat et l'Environnement de Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour (France)
Empresas asociadas y colaboradoras