Master's Degree in Food Biotechnology
- Teaching Languages:
- 1 year (60 ECTS credits)
- Precio orientativo:
- Access Requirements:
In order to register in an official Master's Degree, it is mandatory to have completed an official degree in Spain or in any higher education institution of a member state of the European Union integrated in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) that allows students to take a Master's Degree. Students who have obtained their degree outside the EHEA can be admitted as long as the University can verify that these qualifications have a similar level to the corresponding degrees in Spain and they permit graduates to take a Master's Course.
This Master's course is intended for graduates, preferably in the experimental, technological or biomedical fields, although the participation of graduates in the economic and social fields (who are interested in the food sector) will be considered and promoted. The capacity and interest of the candidates is very important, whatever their previous training in their approach to this field is. This interest can be shown through their previous experience in the industrial or research fields and their interest in acquiring additional training and to work in the food industry area.
- Attendance required
- Monday to Friday, from 4:00 to 8:00.
- Teaching Center:
- Faculty of Chemistry of Oviedo
Graduates will acquire a professional profile that will enable them to work as technicians in food companies or official bodies related to the food field as well as to develop a research profile in order to continue a research career in the fields of food and food production.
- Biological and Biochemical Area
- Technological Area
- Security, analysis and quality Area
- Socio-economic Area
- Experimental Area
- Microbial Diseases and Alterations associated with food (3 ECTS)
- Control and Improvement of Primary Food Production (3 ECTS)
- Design of Process Systems in the Food Industry (3 ECTS)
- Financial Management and Marketing in the Food Industry (3 ECTS)
- Human Nutrition: New Food for New Times (3 ECTS)
- Instrumental Techniques Applied to the Chemical and Sensorial Analysis of Food (3 ECTS)
- Equipment and Bioreactors in the Food Industry (3 ECTS)
- Food Industry (3 ECTS)
- Food Legal Framework (3 ECTS)
- Safety, Hygiene and Food Quality (3 ECTS)
- Effluent Treatment and Waste Food Industry (3 ECTS)
- Design of Experiments (3 ECTS)
- Process and Product Design (3 ECTS)
- Instrumental Techniques Applied to Biotechnology and Food Safety (3 ECTS)
- Detailed Information on the Syllabus:
The subjects are distributed into 4 bi-monthly sections and the core training is organized into the following modules:
FIRST TERM (18 ECTS credits)
SECOND TERM (18 ECTS credits)
Optional subjects (students will choose one among the following):
Experimental Methods in Food (6 ECTS). This module will be held in 6 different labs throughout the course.
INTERNSHIP (6 ECTS)
Students will spend a two-month period within regional agro-industries and bodies along the course.
MASTER'S THESIS (12 ECTS)
Following the successful completion of the other modules, an individual project will be undertaken in June or July.
- Faculty of Chemistry
Department of Chemical Engineering and Environmental Technologies
Avda. del Cristo, 8 - 33006 Oviedo
- 985 10 34 39 / 985 10 34 38 / 985 10 34 36 / 985 10 62 26 / 985 10 34 41
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Manuel Rendueles
- 985 10 62 26
- Francisco Riera
- 985 10 34 36
- José Mario Díaz
- 985 10 34 39
- Eva García Vázquez
- 985 10 27 26
Other Websites of the Master's Degree: