Erasmus Mundus Master's Degree in Emergency and Critical Care Nursing
- Teaching Languages:
- 1 year and a half (90 ECTS credits)
- Precio orientativo:
- Please check the official website of this Master's Degree
- Access Requirements:
In order to be admitted into the programme, it is necessary to meet the following requirements:
- To have completed an official degree in a University or in any higher education institution that allows students to work as a nurse and to take a Master's Degree.
- To have a t least 3 years of professional experience working as a nurse.
- To be proficient in English. All candidates must be able to certify at least a B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: IELTS with a minimum score of 6.0 and at least 5.0 point in each section; TOEFL (paper-based) with a score of at least 550 and 4 points in the writing section; TOEFL (Internet-based) with a score of at least 79 points at least 17 points in each section. Candidates from agreed English speaking countries are exempt form this requirement.
It is also advisable to have knowledge of Portuguese and Spanish.
This Erasmus Mundus Master's Courses have deadlines and procedures that are different from the rest of the official Master's Degrees. To check the appropriate procedure, please visit the website of the Erasmus Mundus Master's Course (you can acces the website by clicking on the below mentioned "official website" link).
In the next few days, information about the registration process will be provided.
- Attendance required
- Teaching Center:
- University of Oviedo (Spain)
- University of Algarve (Portugal)
- Helsinki Metropolia University (Finland)
- Polytechnic Institute of Santarem (Portugal)
- More Information:
- Full Description of the Master's Degree
- Summary of the Degree
- Verification, monitoring and certification report
- Composition of the Quality Committee
- Authorization for Establishment (BOPA)
- Official Nature of the Degree (BOE)
- Subjects, schedules, teachers, teaching guides and competences of the Degree
- We help you with your procedures
- Recognition of credits and Permanence regulations
- Link to the RUCT
- Internal Quality System
- Students with Special Education Needs
Students who complete this Master's Degree will have obtained the necessary capabilities to work as a specialized nurse in Adult/Geriatric Emergency and Critical Care, or Paediatrics Emergency and Critical Care Units, depending on the chosen specialization (Adult/Geriatric or Paediatrics), in any of the countries of the consortium.
They will also have obtained the necessary capacities to work as a specialized nurse in Extrahospitalary Emergency Services in any of the countries of the consortium.
- Research Methodology (6 ECTS)
- Advanced Clinical Nursing (12 ECTS)
- Nursing Management (3 ECTS)
- Communication and relationships in nursing (3 ECTS)
- OPTIONAL SUBJECTS (students must choose one)
- Paediatric Advanced Clinical Nursing (6 ECTS)
- Adult and Geriatrics Advanced Clinical Nursing (6 ECTS)
- COMPULSORY SUBJECTS
- Evidence-based Clinical Practice: Emergency Care (6 ECTS)
- Evidence-based Clinical Practice: Critical Care (6 ECTS)
- OPTIONAL SUBJECTS (depending on the study track)
- Clinical Practice: Adult (18 ECTS)
- Clinical Practice: Paediatrics (18 ECTS)
- Clinical Practice: Geriatrics (18 ECTS)
- Crisis Resource Management (CRM) (18 ECTS)
- University of Oviedo
- Oncology Care (6 ECTS)
- Transplant Care (6 ECTS)
- Metropolia University
- Emergency Simulation (6 ECTS)
- Polytechnic Institute of Santarém
- Cardiologic Care (12 ECTS)
- Perioperative Care (12 ECTS)
- University of Algarve
- Nutritional Care (6 ECTS)
- Respiratory Care (6 ECTS)
- Detailed Information on the Syllabus:
This Erasmus Mundus Master Course has 90 ECTS credits and has a duration of one year and a half. It is a joint Master's Degree organised by the University of Oviedo (Spain), University of Algarve (Portugal), Helsinki Metropolia University (Finland) and Polytechnic Institute of Santarem (Portugal); therefore, after completing this Master's Course, students will obtain a joint degree recognised by the four institutions.
Students will have to study in at least two countries of the consortium. They will complete their first term in the Escola Superior de Saúde de Santarém (Portugal). During the second term, they will have to choose one study track and will study either in Spain or Finland depending on their choice. The University of Oviedo (Spain) offers specialization on Adult and Paediatric Clinical Practice, and the Metropolia University (Finland) offers specialization on Geriatric Clinical Practice and Crisis Resource Management.
Finally, during this term students will complete their Master's Thesis in any of partner institutions, as well as any of the two associated centres: Universidad Sao Carlos (Brazil) and Mahidol University (Thailand).
OPTIONAL SUBJECTS (depending on the study track)
Master's Thesis (18 ECTS)
- University of Oviedo
Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
Campus of "El Cristo", s/n.
- 985 10 49 17 / 985 10 49 18
- 985 10 49 59
- University of Oviedo
- Mª Pilar Mosteiro Díaz.
- +34 985 10 37 97
- firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Other Websites of the Master's Degree: