Certificate Degrees and Continuing Education
Master's Degree in Clinical Optometry
Teaching Languages: Spanish
Número mínimo de alumnos exigido: 1
Duration: 60 créditos ECTS (9 meses)
Tuition Fee: 5.075 €
Being in possession of an official University Degree. Nevertheless, exceptionally, admission will be extended to professionals directly related to to the speciality of the course who lack a Degree, as long as they prove their professional careers and meet the legal criteria to access University courses.
Please check the Agreement of November 29, 2007 of the Governing Council of the University of Oviedo, which approves the regulation of studies leading to Certificate Degrees and other Postgraduate Degrees (BOPA, January 12, 2008).
Opticians-optometrists interested in clinical optometry and with a disposition towards research and teaching, according to the following criteria:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Command of the English language.
- Command of the ICT.
- Personal interview: assessment of the capacity for teamwork, teaching and research vocation.
Plazo único de preinscripción y matrícula
- Preinscripción: 1 de junio a 19 de agosto
- Listas provisionales: 5 de septiembre
- Reclamación a las listas: 6 a 7 de septiembre
- Listas definitivas: 13 de septiembre
- Matrícula: 15 al 19 de septiembre
Modality: Attendance required
Mondays to Fridays, from 9:00 to 13:30 and from 15:30 to 19:00
Teaching Center: Instituto Universitario Fernández-Vega, Fundación de Investigación Oftalmológica e Instituto Oftalmológico Fernández-Vega.
This Master's Degree is a course aimed at the clinical and research professionalization of the optician-optometrist, in order to integrate them in the multidisciplinary teams of clinics and ophthalmological departments. The main objective is that graduates are self-sufficient in the application of the ophthalmological knowledge to help the holistic management of the patient inside and outside the operating theater, and that they can develop the application of the scientific method.
The duration of this Specific Master's Degree is of 9 months, and it is divided into four modules with a total of 60 ECTS credits.
- Ocular Healthcare. Study of the ocular and systemic pathology with ocular affectation.
- Ocular pharmacology
- Clinical contactology
- Study of contact lenses in patients with corneal pathology and post-corneal surgery.
- Complications in the use of contact lenses.
- Low vision. Testing, aid prescription and rehabilitation of the patient in Low Vision.
- Diagnostic techniques
- Study, usage and interpretation of the different diagnostic devices.
- Refractive surgery. Study of the different refractive techniques and their application.
- Handling of the patient before and after the surgery.
- Clinical internship. Assistance in a practice with real patients in the different specialities of the Center. Deparments of Optometry, Ophthalmology and Surgery.
- Basic introduction to clinical and basic research from the point of view of the Optometry.
- Presentation of a clinical research project and a translation research project.
Jesús Merayo Lloves
Fundación de Investigación Oftalmológica – Instituto Oftalmológico Fernández-Vega
Director: Jesús Merayo Lloves
Javier Lozano Sanroma Fundación de Investigación Oftalmológica – Instituto Oftalmológico Fernández-Vega