Certificate Degrees and Continuing Education
Master's Degree in Management of Innovation
Teaching Languages: Spanish
Places: 25. Minimum number of students required: 12
Duration: 1 year (60 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee: €5.500
Being in possession of an official University Degree. Nevertheless, exceptionally, admission will be extended to professionals directly related to to the speciality of the course who lack a Degree, as long as they prove their professional careers and meet the legal criteria to access University courses.
Please check the Agreement of November 29, 2007 of the Governing Council of the University of Oviedo, which approves the regulation of studies leading to Certificate Degrees and other Postgraduate Degrees (BOPA, January 12, 2008).
Only period for pre-registration and enrollment
- Pre-registration: June 2 to August 20
- Provisional Lists of admitted applicants:September 4
- Complaints: September 5-9
- Definitive Lists: September 12
- Enrollment: September 15-19
Due to the transversal nature of the Master's course, no specific knowledge of the topics of the curriculum is required, as they are in fact completely alien to Spanish University training.
The content of the course will be gradually exposed so as to make it accesible to people from different academic and professional backgrounds, provided they have passed the admission procedure. Graduates of any field, can therefore access this Master's course.
Modality: Blended learning (face-to face and distance learning classes)
Schedule: September 2014-July 2015. Fridays from: 15:00 to 20:00 and Saturday form 9:00 to 14:00
Teaching Center: Polytechnic Engineering School of Gijón
The skills gained on completion of the Master's course will provide graduates with knowledge on innovation management in order to enrich their comprehensive response to the new social demands in the field of innovation.
This Master's course encourages and promotes the application of innovation methodologies and techniques and provides graduates with the knowledge, skills and competences in the management of tools and the organization or R&D and innovation projects, so as to promote professional performance and business competitiveness.
It also empowers future professionals to manage R&D and innovation departments to carry out projects in this area and favour thus internationalization.
This is a 600-hour training programme organized in a Technical Module consisting of 15 subjects (45 credits), an Internships Module and a Master's Thesis (15 credits) to complete 60 ECTS credits.
STAGE I. Technical module (450 hours)
- MODULE 1. Foundations of R&D and innovation
- Introduction to innovation. The innovative process
- Innovative strategies in organization
- Infrastructures of support to R&D and innovation
- MODULE 2: Tools for innovation management
- Surveillance and Technology Foresight
- Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital
- MODULE 3: Management of R&D and innovation Projects and Departments
- Basic aspects of Project Management
- Formulating R&D and innovation Projects
- R&D and innovation management. Standardization
- MODULE 4: Tredns in R&D and innovation (I)
- Innovative new technologies
- MODULE 5: Finance and taxation of R&D and innovation
- Financing R&D and innovation
- Tax incentives for R&D and innovation
- MODULE 6: Protection and Exploitation of R&D and innovation
- Mechanisms for the Protection of innovation
- Exploitation of results. Technology transfer
- MODULE 7: Tredns in R&D and innovation (II)
- Innovative new technologies
STAGE II. Master's Thesis and Internships (150 hours)
- Asturian Club for Innovation
Telephone: 985 18 20 09
Hilario López García. Director of the Polytechnic School of Gijón
Office: Campus de Gijón s/n - 33203 Gijón
Faustino Obeso Carrera. President of the Asturian Club for Innovation
Other Websites of the Master's Degree: