The University of Oviedo offers a simple on-line guide for students to quickly learn how to carry out certain procedures, what requirements must be completed for each and where to go to take care of it. This initiative aims to simplify things and pave the way for students through the bureaucratic paperwork, making the whole process much more efficient.
Excuse of Absence from Compulsory Lessons or Assessment Tests
Students may excuse any absence due to serious health or family issues, or any other unexpected circumstance, due to their involvement in the Student Representation bodies, or for being part of any mobility programme.
Meet the requirements set in the Regulations. When excusing serious causes or unexpected situations there is not an established period, except for mobility students.
Body in charge
Deanship/ Head of the Centre.
Processing unit: administration of the corresponding campus or Center.
Students must provide proof of the occurrence that forced them to forfeit the evaluatio test within a period of five days starting by the end of the aformention situation and, in any case, before the end of the current academic year at the moment.
Forms of notification
Students will be notified by post at the provided address.
Appeal to the Rector.
Places to submit
- General Registry of the University of Oviedo, Plaza del Riego 4. 33003, Oviedo
- Subsidiary Registries:
- Administration of the Scientific-Technological Building of the University of Oviedo in Mieres, C/ Gonzalo Gutiérrez de Quirós, s/n. 33600, Mieres.
- Administrative Services of the Campus of Gijón. Southern teaching block of the Campus. 33203, Gijón.
- Teaching block of Legal and Social Sciences, Campus Cristo-A, C/ Catedrático Valentín Andrés Álvarez, s/n. 33006, Oviedo.
- University Services Building in Avilés, C/ Ferrería, 7-9. 33402, Avilés.
- Administration of the Campus of El Milán, C/ Teniente Alfonso Martínez s/n. 33011, Oviedo.