Certificate Degrees and Continuing Education
Expert's Degree in Hemodyalisis Nursing
Teaching Languages: Spanish
Número mínimo de alumnos exigido: 15
Duration: 1 year (20 ECTS Credits)
Tuition Fee: 1.150 €
Being in possession of an official University Degree. Nevertheless, exceptionally, admission will be extended to professionals directly related to to the speciality of the course who lack a Degree, as long as they prove their professional careers and meet the legal criteria to access University courses.
Please check the Agreement of November 29, 2007 of the Governing Council of the University of Oviedo, which approves the regulation of studies leading to Certificate Degrees and other Postgraduate Degrees (BOPA, January 12, 2008).
The following criteria will be taken into account for the students' selection: one place for each Area that lacks specialized staff. The rest of the places will be for Health Area III.
Plazo único de preinscripción y matrícula
- Preinscripción: 1 de junio a 19 de agosto
- Listas provisionales: 5 de septiembre
- Reclamación a las listas: 6 a 7 de septiembre
- Listas definitivas: 13 de septiembre
- Matrícula: 15 al 19 de septiembre
Modality: Attendance required
- Theory: October-December, from 16:00 to 20:00
- Seminars: N/A
- Clinical Practice: Starting on January, Mondays to Fridays, from 08:00 to 14:00.
Teaching Center: San Agustín Hospital
Nursing is an essential element of our health system and is set to develop increasingly complex and relevant functions. This Expert's degree offers a wide range or possibilities to enter the labour market. Career opportunities are varied and cover different fields of the activities related to health care for patients suffering from kidney diseases.
As in all areas of nursing, on completion of the course, students can develop their professional practice in the following fields:
Both in the private and public sectors is where nurses perform their professional practice and apply the nursing care required for a comprehensive assitance to hemodialysis patients.
They can develop assistance care in the following institutions:
- Both public and private hospitals offering assistance services to patients suffering from kedney diseases
Professionals with the approppriate experience and training can get management positions.
Students can develop their professional practice in the assistance, academic or institutional field.
Nursing students are trained by nurses with experience in the field, special training and perfectly prepared to ensure that students receive a training of quality. One of the defining features of the teaching staff is their permanent updating to adapt to the changes of the University and the society in order to train the students with the highest levels of excellence.
The educational fields for Experts on Hemodialysis Nursing are the following:
- Middle or high-level trianing programmes
- Postgraduate and Master's degrees
- Lifelong learning for health professionals
- In situ trianing of new professionals
Research has become an essential element to ensure the continuous improvement of assistance quality. Regarding training, students are encouraged in this course to develop research activities preparing a final work related to the subject.
The course consists of 500 hours organized into 2 terms to complete 20 ECTS credits.
- Basic concepts. Approach to patients suffering from kidney diseases
- Other forms of kidney replacement therapy
Theoretical / practical MODULE
- Fresenius monitors
- Miroclav Monitors
- Monitors: special tecniques
- Peritoneal dialysis technique
- Practical lessons at the Hemodialysis Unit. Each student will be supervised by a nurse.
Telephone: 985 123 000
Dr. Daniel Hernández Vaquero
Dña. Isabel Fuente García