Certificate Degrees and Continuing Education
Expert's Degree in Sports Management *
Teaching Languages: Spanish
Duration: 30 ECTS credits
Tuition Fee: €2.750
The ones established in the regulations on Studies leading to Own Degrees of the University of Oviedo. Candidates must be graduates in order to access these kind of degrees.
Entry application of holders of a non-approved foreign degree shall be accompanied by a report of the body responsible certifying the suitability of the degree presented as well as their equivalence with a Spanish higher education degree.
Admission Requirements: This course is aimed at graduates aspiring to work in sports business or management by gaining an Expert's Degree that develops sector-specific knowledge and appropriate skills in a sports management context. It is also aimed at professionals working in the sports industry, either in sport management, sports marketing, events organisation, or other appropriate area and who wish to build on that experience through a structured programme of study.
Candidates will be selected according to their academic record or professional experience (70%), a personal interview or a test (20%) and the order of registration (10%).
Modality: Blended learning
- Monday or Tuesday, attendance required, from 10 to 13´45 and from 13´15 to 19
- Monday or Tuesday, on line classes, from 10´30 to 14 and from 15´30 to 19
- Friday: Evaluation, from 10 to 14
- Practicum: Monday or Tuesday from 10 to 21
Teaching Center: Vicente Calderón Football Stadium (Madrid)
Many sports organizations are currently administered by managers lacking the academic training necessary for the development of their managerial functions. This degree provides candidates with the tools to achieve this training as well as to focus the knowledge gained on young talented athletes.
Among the career opportunities are the following: sports clubs for the practice of competitive sports, recreational sports clubs, management of public or private sports institutions, ministries or DGs of sports of autonomous communities or Municipal Sports Associations.
This is a one-year course, divided into 8 modules of four weeks, a two-week period of Internships and a Final Project that complete 30 ECTS credits.
MODULE 1. Detecting talent. Training and injury prevention processes
- The concept of scouting in sport
- The relative effect of age
- The theory of deliberate practice
- Risk factors, prevention and injuries
MODULE 2. Sports law: national and internation law. Contracts. Tax regime.
- Sports law. National and international legislation
- Contracts in sport
- Tax treatment of athletes
- Tax treatment of sports entities
MODULE 3. Sports facilities. Management and efficiency
- Sports facilities
- Effectifveness and efficiency of sports facilities
- Sports flooring for soccer fields
- The business of sports facilities
MODULE 4. Human resources
- The management, organization and planning of human resources
- Individual performance management
- Organizational performance management
MODULE 5. Training during the formative stage
- Strength training in football
- Speed and flexibility applied to performance in football
- Resistance training in football
- Planning and periodization applied to football
MODULE 6. The economy of sports. Accounting and finance of sports organizations
- Economy and sport. The competitive balance
- Supply and demand in sport
- The accounting information system in sports bodies
- Finance in sport
MODULE 7. Psychological, social and familiar support
- Family atmosphere and parental relationship with the coach
- Training of soccer coaches
- The theory of achievement goals, goal orientation, motivational atmosphere and its effects on the training of young footballplayers
- Mental preparation: the psychological training
MODULE 8. Tactical and technical training
- Cognitive aspects of fottballayers
- Planning the individual and group technical and tactical techniques
- Analysis of the game
- New technologies applied to the analysis of the game
The internships aim to provide studens with a set of experiences that enhance the learning and implementation of generic skills necessary for their future professional practice, among which are:
- Getting to know how to work together in Sports Cities , with the sports staff of the organization, the doctors, the scouts, the staff in charge of maintaining the sports facilities, etc.
- Showing how to apply the knowledge gained, how decisions are taken in familiar and new situatios or under specially unfavourable circumstances.
- Encouraging the development of new initiatives and the mechanisms for the evaluation and review of existing performances.
- Enhacing ethical good and democratic practices in favour of peace and non discrimination based on sex, race or disability.
- Promoting the environmental perspective in the performance of the activities.
The course final project aims to encourage the students to implement the knowledge gained reinforcing thus a group of skills among which are:
- showing their capacity for analysis and synthesis and their management of infomation or databases available to them, promoting the use of computer tools.
- Promoting the ability to communicate their knowledge and conclusions in a clear way.
- Working individually under the supervision of a tutor and promoting thus their readiness to continue with lifelong learning in the future.
- Showing their leadership ability or their ability to prepare leaders through their adaptation to new situations.
Onofre Ricardo Contreras Jordán
Professor of the UCLM
University of Castille-La Mancha
Telephone: 967 59 93 02
Plácido Rodríguez Guerre
Other Websites of the Master's Degree: