Certificate Degrees and Continuing Education
Expert's Degree in Sexual Counseling and Education
Teaching Languages: Spanish
Places: 20. Minimum number of students required: 15
Duration: 1 year (20 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee: €1500
Access Requirements: Formation and previous experience related to the field and the academic record of the applicant will be taken account, depending on the desired speciality. Requirements demanded from the students (Degrees) and selection criteria:
- Graduates, Diplomas and Bachelors
- Development of professional programs or activities in any of the areas of intervention of Sexology: education, counseling and sexual therapy.
- Developping their work on the framework of the Plan of Affective-Sexual Education of Asturias in any of its fields of action: communitary, educationa or health-related
- Members of the associative movement who partake in programs of Counseling and/or Sexual Education.
Only period for pre-registration and enrollment
- Pre-registration: June 2 to August 20
- Provisional Lists of admitted applicants:September 4
- Complaints: September 5-9
- Definitive Lists: September 12
- Enrollment: September 15-19
Modality: Attendance Required
Schedule: Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings
Teaching Center: Fridays: Faculty of Psychology. Saturdays: School of Computer Science Engineering
The Expert's Degree in Sexology is framed within a new work space that demands the formation of professionals in the different fields of aspects related to sexual education, counseling and therapy.
In Asturias, since the year 2000, the Program of Sexual-Affective Education, promoted by the Council of Health and Sanitary Services, the Council of Education and the Asturian Institute of Women, has been in effect. This program takes place in the health, education and community fields through the professionals who work in them. Throughout these last few years, the need has arisen to make available quality and prestigious formative programs in order to strenghten and consolidate the interventions in education, counseling and sexual therapy.
This Expert's Degree in Sexology focuses on the module of Sexual Education and counseling to improve the needs of the professionals that participate in the Sexual-Affective Education for Asturias.
The Expert's Degree in Sexology has a duration of one academic year, organized in two semesters with a total of 20 ECTS credits.
MODULE I: BASES OF SEXOLOGY
Coordinator: Mercedes García Ruiz
- Dimensions of Human Sexuality
- Processes of sexuation and identity
- Human Sexual Response
MODULE II: IDENTITY AND SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Coordinator: Pilar Sampedro Díaz
- Identities and Orientations of desire.
- Sex Theory - Gender.
MODULE III: RESEARCH TECHNIQUES
Coordinator: Elena García Vega.
- Research Techniques: Introduction to the design of a research and statistical analysis.
- Qualitative research
- Research on sexuality.
MODULE IV: THEORY AND PRACTICE OF SEXUAL COUNSELING
Coordinator: Pilar Sampedro Díaz.
- Sexological counseling. Theoretical framework.
- Skills for counseling. Case examples
- Counseling on sexual health
- Sexological counseling in Social Networks
- Counseling for youths and families.
MODULE V: SEXUAL EDUCATION
Coordinator: Mercedes García Ruiz
- Lines of work in Sexology: Sexual Education, Sexual counseling and Sexual therapy
- Dimensions of Human Sexuality and Sexual Education
- Evolutionary sexuality. Childhood and adolescence
- Evolutionary sexuality: Adults and elderly people
- Creation of programs of Sexual education. Methodological aspects
- Workgroup: The process of group communication
- Sentimental education with teenagers
- Cinema and Sexual education
- Audiovisual communication and Sexual education
- Programs to work on sexual diversity
- Sexual Education Programs in Asturias
- Creative Didactics and Sexual Education
- Sexual and reproductive health. Resources in Asturias
- Sexually-Transmitted Infections. Prevention and Attention
- Narratives and Sexual Education
- Photography and image as a didactic resources for sexual education
- Sexual education with youths. Resources
- Sexual education in Minor Centers
- Sexual abuses. Prevention, assessment, intervention
- Sexuality and diverse capacities
- Social networks and Sexual education
MODULE VI: COMPOSITION OF A MASTER'S THESIS
There will be a final thesis in which the students will have to develop a project of intervention or research related to any of the lines of work in the field of sexology that have been approached during the course: education, counseling and therapy.
This Master's Thesis will be publicly defended and amounts to 2 credits.
Elena García Vega
Faculty of Psychology. Plaza Feijoo. Oviedo - 33003
- Elena García Vega. Professor of the Faculty of Psychology
- Mercedes García Ruíz. Doctor in Psychology and Sexologist