Certificate Degrees and Continuing Education
Expert's Degree in Insolvency Administration
Teaching Languages: Spanish
Places: 20. Minimum number of students required: 15
Duration: 1 term, 20 ECTS credits
Tuition Fee: €2.000
Being in possession of an official University Degree. Nevertheless, exceptionally, admission will be extended to professionals directly related to to the speciality of the course who lack a Degree, as long as they prove their professional careers and meet the legal criteria to access University courses.
Please check the Agreement of November 29, 2007 of the Governing Council of the University of Oviedo, which approves the regulation of studies leading to Certificate Degrees and other Postgraduate Degrees (BOPA, January 12, 2008).
Only period for pre-registration and enrollment
- Pre-registration: June 2 to August 20
- Provisional Lists of admitted applicants:September 4
- Complaints: September 5-9
- Definitive Lists: September 12
- Enrollment: September 15-19
Graduates who meet the requirements to become insolvency administrator, i.e., lawyers, economists, auditors, holders of a diploma in business administration, mercantile officials considering to develop their professional practice in the field of bankruptcy proceedings or trying to specialize in the management and advice of business crises situations. Business owners and managers of companies are also welcome.
Modality: Attendance required
Schedule: Fridays from 15:00 to 20:00 and Saturdays from 09:00 to 14:00
Teaching Center: Faculty of Economics
This Expert's course is intended to analyse, from a formal and practical point of view, the legal framework of competition and the new regime of corporate liability and bankruptcy in order to :
- Contribute to the economic and social development of the Principality of Asturias by providing graduates with a sound knowledge in the field of competition and business crises.
- Improve the educational quality at the University of Oviedo by introducing an own degree aiming to fill a gap in the Asturian business field and trying to project the leadership capacity, dynamisn and innovation of the University of Oviedo as part of the Principality of Asturias.
The Master's course is mainly intended for graduates who meet the requirements to practice as insolvency administrators, i.e., lawyers, economists, auditors, holders of a diploma in business administration, mercantile officials considering to develop their professional practice in the field of bankruptcy proceedings or willing to specialize in the management and advice of situations of business crises.
The course lasts one semester and consits of 20 ECTS credits.
- Declaration of insolvency. Petition to open insolvency proceedings and effects.
- Accounting, labour and formal aspects of competition.
- Report of the Bankruptcy Administration. Agreement and settlement stages.
The academic structure is detailed as follows:
- Declaration of insolvency. Petition and effects
- Tema 1: Creditor's meeting as a solution to corporate crises
- Tema 2: Budget of the insolvency proceedings
- Tema 3: Petition to open insolvency proceedings: content and admissibility
- Tema 4: Consequences of the insolvency proceedings.
- Accounting, labour and formal aspects of incolvency proceedings
- Tema 1: Basic aspects of Accounting and Litigation
- TTema 2: Financial statement analysis
- TTema 3: Regulations of insolvency administrators
- TTema 4: Labour dimension of the Insolvency Law
- Report on insolvency administration. l. Agreement and settlement phases
- Tema 1: The report of insolvency administration
- Tema 2: The agreement
- Tema 3: The settlement
- Tema 4: Qualification of insolvency proceedings. Conclusions and reopening
Begoña Cuesta García
Vice-Rector's Office for Students and Employability
Telephone: 985 10 40 91
Victorino García Fernández
Telephone: 985 10 39 06
Office: Department of Accounting. Faculty of Economy and Business.
Manuel Lafuente Robledo
Telephone: 609 25 72 38