Certificate Degrees and Continuing Education
Specialist's Degree in Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) Intervention Programs
Teaching Languages: Spanish
Places: 36. Minimum number of students required: 16
Duration: October-June (35 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee: €1,970
Being in possession of an official University Degree. Nevertheless, exceptionally, admission will be extended to professionals directly related to to the speciality of the course who lack a Degree, as long as they prove their professional careers and meet the legal criteria to access University courses.
Please check the Agreement of November 29, 2007 of the Governing Council of the University of Oviedo, which approves the regulation of studies leading to Certificate Degrees and other Postgraduate Degrees (BOPA, January 12, 2008).
Only period for pre-registration and enrollment
- Pre-registration: June 2 to August 20
- Provisional Lists of admitted applicants:September 4
- Complaints: September 5-9
- Definitive Lists: September 12
- Enrollment: September 15-19
- Holders of a degree in Medicine, Psychology, Pedagogy, Sociology or Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Social Education, Teaching…
- Professionals with proven experience in the field of Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) and specially in Canine Assisted Therapy and Equine Assisted Therapy.
Modality: Attendance required
- Theoretical lessons: Friday from 3:00pm to 8:00pm and Saturday from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
- Practice: Mondays to Sundays.
- Fridays: Faculty of Psychology
- Saturdays: School of Computer Science Engineering
- This course is aimed at providing students with all the necessary knowledge and skills to carry out a Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) Intervention Programs.
- And also to serve as a platform into the labour market through an employment service aimed at the students according to their merits so that they can work in the course's collaborating companies.
- Students will be able to provide advice, to carry out research and to monitor Animal Assisted Therapy programs and projects.
This course has a duration of 350 hours, it is organized in two terms and has a total of 25 ECTS credits.
- MODULE 1:
- The Reality of Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT).
- Resource Management in Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT).
- Recipients of Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT)
- MODULE 2:
- Intervention Programs with Dog Assisted Therapy (DAT)
- Resource Management in Dog Assisted Therapy (DAT).
- Dog Assisted Therapy (DAT) for Elderly People.
- Dog Assisted Therapy (DAT) for Mentally Handicapped People.
- MODULE 3:
- Intervention Programs with Horse Assisted Therapy (HAT).
- Resource Management in Horse Assisted Therapy (HAT)
- Intervention Programs in Horse Assisted Therapy (HAT).
- MODULE 4: Final Project. At the end of the course, each student will have to present the project for an intervention program in Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT).
- MODULE 5: External Internships. Sessions aimed at putting in practice the knowledge on Animal Assisted therapeutic intervention (with dogs and horses)acquired throughout the course. The internships will take place in the two entities in the Principality of Asturias that have successfully implemented the Animal Assisted Therapies. With horse, in Equitación Positiva, and with dogs, in Integra Programas Terapéuticos.
Telephone: 670 462 025
Integra Programas Terapéuticos
Telephone: 656 254 478
Ignacio Loy Madera
Telephone: 985 10 41 48
Fax: : 985 10 41 44
Office: Department of Compartive Psychology. Faculty of Psychology of the University of Oviedo.