Certificate Degrees and Continuing Education
Specialist's Degree in Nursing in the Surgical Area
Teaching Languages: Spanish
Número mínimo de alumnos exigido: 24
Duration: 35 créditos ECTS, 1 año
Tuition Fee: 2.000 €
Being in possession of an official University Degree. Nevertheless, exceptionally, admission will be extended to professionals directly related to to the speciality of the course who lack a Degree, as long as they prove their professional careers and meet the legal criteria to access University courses.
Please check the Agreement of November 29, 2007 of the Governing Council of the University of Oviedo, which approves the regulation of studies leading to Certificate Degrees and other Postgraduate Degrees (BOPA, January 12, 2008).
Admission Requirements: In order to be admitted to this programme, students must hold a degree in Nursing and be interested in gaining competences and capabilities in order to carry out their professional activity in the surgical area.
Plazo único de preinscripción y matrícula
- Preinscripción: 1 de junio a 19 de agosto
- Listas provisionales: 5 de septiembre
- Reclamación a las listas: 6 a 7 de septiembre
- Listas definitivas: 13 de septiembre
- Matrícula: 15 al 19 de septiembre
Modality: Attendance required
- Theory: from 4:00pm to 7:00pm
- Seminars: from 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- Clinical internships: from 8:00am to 2:00pm
Teaching Center: Hospital Universitario Central de Asturias.
Students who complete this programme will have gained the neccessary competences to work as a nurse in the surgical area and they will have preference when hiring personnel in the area according to the SESPA profiles (Helath Services of the principality of Asturias).
Furthermore, students will improve their qualifications in their proffesional career.
This course has a duration of 7 months (form October to May), it is organised in 2 terms and has a totoal of 35 ECTS credits.
- MODULE I: Theoretical Knowledge
- MODULE II: Seminars
- MODULE III: Practical knowledge and skills
- Structure, organisation and basic equipment in the surgical area.
- Patient security.
- Common Surgical Procedures.
- Post-operative care.
- Organ and tissue donations.
- Zones of the surgical block. Walking. Comprehensive care for patients; reception protocol. Surgical positions. Nursing records. Surgical staff duties. Basic equipment in the operating room. Surgical reanimation, nursing actions.
- Sample collection. Biopsies. Waste management. Sterilisation.
- General and local or regional anesthesia, interventions and nursing care
- Traumatology surgery. General surgery. Urological surgery. Ophthalmological surgery. Pain surgery and neurosurgery. Maxillofacial surgery. Plastic surgery. Paediatric surgery. Toco-gynecological surgery. Surgical procedures in otolaryngology. Vascular surgery. Thoracic surgery Mayor ambulatory surgery.
- Organ and tissue donation.
- Research methodology.
- Hospital sterilization.
- Introduction to surgical habits.
- Instrumentation and circulation techniques.
- Knowledge and handling basic and specific instrumentation.
- Basic knowledge of a nurse anaesthetist.
- Literature research.
- Practice in the sterilization centre.
- Practice in the operating room.
- Individual and team work.
Department of Nursing Teaching and Formation of the HUCA
Mª Yolanda Valcárcel Alvarez. Area Supervisor. Department of Nursing Teaching and Formation of the HUCA.