Certificate Degrees and Continuing Education
Specialist's Degree in Design, Integration and Control of Electric Installations
Teaching Languages: Spanish
Places: 22. Minimum number of students required: 22
Duration: 1 year (35 ECTS credits)
Tuition Fee: €1,990
Access Requirements: With the exception of the general ones, there is no particular requirement to access the Specialist's Degree in Design, Integration and Control of Low-Voltage Electric Installations: university graduates (Bachellors, engineers, Diploma-holders or graduates) or professionals who do not have a Degree, as long as they prove that they are, indeed, working in the field and meet the legal requirements to study at the University.
Nevertheless, previous knowledge on basic electricity is recommended. It would be desirable that the students of this Specialist's Degree meet some of the following criteria:
- Students coming from technical Degrees (Industrial Technical Engineering or any of the Degrees in Engineering) who want to improve their knowledge on low-voltage electric installations for the development of their professional career in this field.
- Professionals of the field of electric installations who wish to improve, recycle and strengthen the necessary knowledge to develop their careers as electric installers with an undoubtedly higher level than the one required by the current regulations.
Only period for pre-registration and enrollment
- Pre-registration: June 2 to August 20
- Provisional Lists of admitted applicants:September 4
- Complaints: September 5-9
- Definitive Lists: September 12
- Enrollment: September 15-19
Modality: Blended learning
Schedule: Of the 7 subjects of the course, 5 will be 100% online and, thus, it is not necessary to define their schedules. Nevertheless, it is also true that all the students will have to be online at the same chat for the live chat sessions. The teacher will coordinate them with the free tool Doodle, which gathers all the preferences of the students in terms of scheduling for this activity.
For in-person practices, the students will be divided into two groups, A and B, of 11 people each.
- Group A will have their practices on January 13-17 and on May 12-17.
- Group B will have their practices on January 20-24 and on May 19-24
- Practices during January will be conducted from 9:00 to 13:30 and from 15:00 to 20:00, from Monday to Fridays. May practices will take place between 9:00 to 13:00 and between 15:00 and 19:30, on Monday to Friday, and from 9:00 to 14:00 on Saturday.
Teaching Center: Campus of Gijón (Viesques). Department Building 4.
This Degree is aimed at those students who, having a previous technical education, may want to improve their knowledge on the field of low-voltage electric installations, in order to develop their career in this field, be it working as a designer of low-voltage electric installations, as a self-employed installer or by creating an installation company.
It is also aimed at professionals of the field who may want to recycle their knowledge on electric installations.
The Specialist's Degree in Design, Integration and Control of Electric Installations has a duration of 1 year, organized in 2 semesters with a total of 35 ECTS credits.
The Specialist's Degree is made up of 7 independent subjects or modules:
- Introduction to electric installations, cable laying, switchgears and protection
- Linking Electric Installations, Interiors and Transformation Centers
- Energetic Efficiency in Electric Installations (Illumination, engines and operation)
- Documentation and servicing of electric installations
- Integration and control of installations in buildings
- Practice module on basic electric installations and transformation centers
- Practice module on the integration and control of installations in buildings
Director: Pablo Arboleya Arboleya
Telephone: 985 18 22 83
Codirector: Jorge García García
Telephone: 985 18 20 17