Double Degree in Civil Engineering and Engineering of Mining and Energy Resources
The duration of the Double Degree in Civil Engineering and Engineering of Mining and Energy Resources is of 5 academic years.
Teaching Languages: Spanish/English (Students have the possibility of taking the bilingual pathway for one of the two Degrees).
Distribution and Credits:
The number of credits required to obatin this Double Degree is of 330 or 336 ECTS credits, depending on the option chosen in the Degree in Engineering of Mining and Energy Resources, distributed as follows:
- Basic Formation
- Exploitation of Mines and Electromechancial Installations: 66 ECTS
- Surveys and Prospections of Mines: 66 ECTS
- Energy, Fuel and Explosive Resources: 66 ECTS
- Compulsory Subjects
- Exploitation of Mines and Electromechancial Installations: 234 ECTS
- Surveys and Prospections of Mines: 234 ECTS
- Energy, Fuel and Explosive Resources: 240 ECTS
- Elective Subjects
- Exploitation of Mines and Electromechancial Installations: 6 ECTS
- Surveys and Prospections of Mines: 6 ECTS
- Energy, Fuel and Explosive Resources: 6 ECTS
- Undergraduate's Thesis
- Exploitation of Mines and Electromechancial Installations: 12 + 12 / 12 + 18(*) ECTS
- Surveys and Prospections of Mines: 12 + 12 / 12 + 18(*) ECTS
- Energy, Fuel and Explosive Resources: 12 + 12 / 12 + 18(*) ECTS
(*)It is compulsory that the student finishes two Undergraduate Theses, of 12 ECTS credits each. Both Theses comprise only one mention or speciality per Degree. The student may take simulataneous the two specialities of the Degree in Civil Engineering, so they will have to choose the corresponding elective subjects and complete a Thesis of 18 ECTS.
Access and Career Opportunities
Profile of the New Student
- Recommended High School modalities with the PAU examination passed: Sciences and Technology.
- Higher Grade formative cycle.
- Access examination for people Older than 25, 40 or 45.
- University degree.
The profile of the student is that of a person with personal skills such as: capacity for observation, synthesis and analysis of the context, interest in nature and the environment, energy and raw materials, computer sciences and IT, experimentation and research.
The Degree in Engineering of Mining and Energy Resources allows the graduate to work as a regulated Technical Engineer in Mining (Order CIN/306/2009). These technicians are in charge of prospecting, exploiting, transforming and taking advantage of mining and energy resources, providing society with the raw materials it needs.
The Degree in Civil Engineering enables the graduate to act as a regulated Technical Engineer of Public Engineering (Order CIN/307/2009), who may work in the fields of development and application of the building technologies and hydrology within civil engineering.
Professional profiles of the Double Degree:
- Prospection and geological research.
- Discovery and exploitation of subterranean waters. Thermal and mineral-medicinal waters.
- Exploitation of mines and fuels.
- Design and execution of tunnels and underground construction.
- Treatment plants for industrial minerals and ornamental rocks.
- Petro-chemical and carbo-chemical industry.
- Generation, transportation, distribution and usage of energy.
- Metal and steel industries
- Cement industries and concrete plants.
- Electromechanical maintenance.
- Security at work.
- Management of waste and contaminated soils
- Engineering of cleaning and provision of waters.
- Canalization and hydraulic works.
- Design and execution of maritime works. Ports and coasts.
- Design, execution and exploitation of infrastructures of transportation: roads and airports.
- Industries of structural elements of pre-made concrete.
- Project engineering and consultancy.
- Public administrations.
- Teaching and/or research.
- Business administration and management.
Characteristics of the Center
Premises and Services
Classrooms with double blackboards, projector, laptop, exam room, computer rooms, library, working areas distributed in lobbies and corridors with benches, tables, blackboards and panels for public use. Laboratories, workshops and spaces for experimentation.
Mobility and International Relations
- ERASMUS agreements: Portugal, Austria, Italy, Turkey, Belgium, etc.
- SICUE agreements: Valladolid, Santiago de Compostela, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, etc.
- Cooperation agreements: United States, Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, etc.
Internships, Employment and Tutorial Action Plan
Every year, around one hundred students do internships in enterprises. Through the Open Classroom cycle, annual conferences related to the different Degrees are given, featuring personalities of great prestige and recognition in both the academic and the professional worlds.
- Basic Formation