The University of Oviedo offers a simple on-line guide for students to quickly learn how to carry out certain procedures, what requirements must be completed for each and where to go to take care of it. This initiative aims to simplify things and pave the way for students through the bureaucratic paperwork, making the whole process much more efficient.
Library Card for Non-Members of the University
The Library of the University of Oviedo offers the possibility of obtaining a reader's card for every person interested in its bibliographical archives and who does not belong to this institution.
Terms of Service:
- Books will be lent for a maximum of 14 days.
- Only three books may be borrowed at the same time.
- The lease on borrowed books cannot be renewed.
People who are not members of the University.
Body in charge
Library of the University of Oviedo (BUO).
Vice-Rector's Office for Research and Campus of International Excellence.
Contact of the body in charge
- Library of the University of Oviedo (BUO).
- San Francisco, 1. 33003 Oviedo
- 985 10 40 51
- Library of the University of Oviedo
All throughout the year, at any time during the teaching period, in the opening hours of the different centres of the Library of the University of Oviedo.
The characteristics of book lending for non-members of hte University are explained by the Regulations for Lending of the University of Oviedo approved by the Government Council of the University of Oviedo on June 17, 2013 and published in the BOPA on June 26, 2013.
Forms of notification
The admittance or rejection of the application will be generally communicated via e-mail, unless the applicant had specified in the application form that they wished to be contacted via another method: letter, phone, etc.
Places to submit
This service may be requested at:
- Central Library, in San Francisco, 1, Oviedo.
- Libraries of the centers and campuses. They can be checked in the list of Libraries of the University of Oviedo.
In order to apply for a library card, non-university users will have to fill in the application form given in our premises with their personal information: Central Library or Libraries of the Centers.
National ID Card, passport or residence card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it necessary to apply for the Library Card if Ialready have the University/Intelligent Card?
- No, with the University card you have access to the borrowing services of the Library of the University of Oviedo.
Is it necessary to apply for the Library Card if Ihave a University/Intelligente Card, but I have finished my studies and want to continue borrowing materials from the different centers of the Library of the University of Oviedo?
- Yes. The username and password associated to the University/Intelligent Card will be deactivated once you finish your studies.