Inauguration Ceremony of the Rectorate Team of the University of Oviedo
April 13, 2012
The Rector chaired the ceremony for the constitution of his goberning board, which consist of 8 Vice-Rectors, the General Secretary and the Manager.
The Rectorate Team of the University of Oviedo has taken office this morning in the Auditorium of the Historic Building. The Rector, Vicente Gotor, chaired the ceremony in which the eight Vice-Rectors, the General Secretary and the Manager of the University of Oviedo took the oath of office. The Regional Ministry of Education and Universities, Ana Isabel González, and the General Director of Universities, Pilar Castro, were also present.
Vicente Gotor took the opportunity to thank the team that has accompanied him all for the last four years for their work and loyalty. "In these difficult economic circumstances that we are going through and with a view to the future, I think we will have to work harder and be imaginative", the Rector pointed out.
In his speech, Gotor insisted in the need of continuing boosting the strategic project his team undertook for years ago and whose main axes are internationalization, research and teaching excellence, among others.
The new Rectorate Team reduces to eight the number of Vice-rector's offices and is constituted as follows:
- Vice-rector's Office for Reseach and Campus of International Excellence. María Paz Suárez Rendueles
- Vice-rector's Officer for Teaching Staff and Academic Organization. Julio Antonio González García
- Vice-rector's Office for University Extension and Communication. Vicente Domínguez García
- Vice-rector's Office for Students. Luis J. Rodríguez Muñiz
- Vice-rector's Office for Campuses, Departments and Centres. José Carlos Rico Fernández
- Vice-rector's Office for Internationalization and Postgraduate Studies. Covadonga Betegón Biempica
- Vice-rector's Office for IT. Víctor Guillermo García García
- Vice-rector's Office for Economic Planning, Agreements and Contracts. Santiago Álvarez García
- General Secretariat. Ignacio González del Rey Rodríguez
- Management. Eusebio González García